CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Gone Girl - 26.8M | Dracula Untold - 23.5M | Alexander - 19.1M | Annabelle - 16.4M | The Judge - 13.3M

What percentage of The Judge flopping gets blamed on the strong word of mouth/legs of Gone Girl?  And what percentage of it flopping gets blamed on RDJ for not being a big enough box office draw himself to get that movie to an OW of 20 million?

What percentage of people here like you?

• Like 1

Since I have no idea what the budget was for the Judge, its hard to say if it flopped or not.  I think the opening is obviously underwhelming but flop is a strong word.

BTW....I thoroughly enjoyed the Judge.  A terrific character study and a good story as well.

• Like 5

Since I have no idea what the budget was for the Judge, its hard to say if it flopped or not. I think the opening is obviously underwhelming but flop is a strong word.

BTW....I thoroughly enjoyed the Judge. A terrific character study and a good story as well.

It's not even playing in my theatre :(

Maybe I'll get a one week run a month down the line, like what happened with Lucy.

• Like 1

Since I have no idea what the budget was for the Judge, its hard to say if it flopped or not.  I think the opening is obviously underwhelming but flop is a strong word.

BTW....I thoroughly enjoyed the Judge.  A terrific character study and a good story as well.

The Judge's budget was 50 million. It's probably not going to make much of a profit, but it won't be a huge flop either.

• Like 1

I am planning on see it when it opens here next weekend.

• Like 1

Downey wouldnt get that kind of paycheck for anything outside oc his IM stuff.

You don't know that. It's quite possible.

Then again Dobkin made The Change-Up for 80m even though the film shouldn't have cost that much, aside from unnecessary CGI (CGI boobs, yuk), so maybe he just can't control a budget and overdoes it on direction.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

IIRC RDJ & his wife were both involved in the production from what he said on Howard Stern so I'm guessing he took a haircut on the pay at least upfront.

I guess that makes sense.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

Downey wouldnt get that kind of paycheck for anything outside oc his IM stuff.

RDJ produced the movie. I'm guessing his salary and the budget are like a scheme for tax saving right out of "The Producers". They can overstate his salary to increase the budget and decrease the profits and returns to investors.

You don't know that. It's quite possible.

Then again Dobkin made The Change-Up for 80m even though the film shouldn't have cost that much, aside from unnecessary CGI (CGI boobs, yuk), so maybe he just can't control a budget and overdoes it on direction.

I do know that. And its not possible. No one is getting 15 mill to star in a film like The Judge.