CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Scoopers are claiming the J.J. Abrams/Ta-Nehisi Coates Superman movie is still in development. I’m not entirely sure why it would be. 

we have 3 actors playing batman & joker right now, and 2 harley quinns, so why not lol

• Like 1

Cavill has actually gone on record to say that he was not happy with the direction the show was taking. It is also know that he clashed with writers on some occasions and even though he had no control over what the story would be he stooped some very stupid decisions. Now we also know that some writers despised the source material so, after season 2 reception, it is no surprise that he is abandoning this sinking ship.

2 hours ago, TMP said:

we have 3 actors playing batman & joker right now, and 2 harley quinns, so why not lol

Safe to say that Jared Leto isn’t coming back as the Joker, but regardless, I don’t see what the logic would be in making Superman films starring Henry Cavill, as well as a separate series of Superman films about a black Superman. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Scoopers are claiming the J.J. Abrams/Ta-Nehisi Coates Superman movie is still in development. I’m not entirely sure why it would be. 

You forgot to put ‘HELL’ at the end of that. Scoopers are full of sh!t, not too long ago they said Henry signed with Marvel. Mr Mystery boxes movie is about as much in development as Rian Johnson’s Star Wars.

Edited by VENOM
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

That's funny, considering nearly every other project that Abrams had been "Producing" at Warner Bros. seems to have been cancelled by Zaslav/now being "shopped around"...so I wouldn't put so much stock into those rumors...unless they're from the trades, themselves.  

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

That's funny, considering nearly every other project that Abrams had been "Producing" at Warner Bros. seems to have been cancelled by Zaslav/now being "shopped around"...so I wouldn't put so much stock into those rumors...unless they're from the trades, themselves.  

it comes from Borys at Hollywood Reporter, so its not dead, but i will believe it when i see it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Abrams script for his early 2000s Superman film was complete trash. Keep him away.

90% of that script is amazing though. Luthor as a CIA agent works well aside from the absurd twist at the end. The alien invasion angle and plane rescue scene are awesome. If they ever do origin Superman again, they should absolutely revisit some of the material Abrams put together.

Like it or not, had Abrams made that film for the planned Christmas 2004 release with the cast they wanted/mostly signed starring Josh Hartnett (the lone hold out) as Superman, Anthony Hopkins as Jor-el, Robert Downey Jr. as Luthor, Scarlett Johansson as Lois Lane, Joel Edgerton as the alien villain, and Shia LaBuff as Jimmy Olsen, that would have been a colossal box office hit. 

Edited by excel1

6 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

it comes from Borys at Hollywood Reporter, so its not dead, but i will believe it when i see it

They are never gonna announce it’s dead just like they are never gonna announce Rian’s Star Wars is dead.. too many fragile egos to protect.

Edited by VENOM
  • Like 3

bram

On 10/29/2022 at 6:56 PM, Macleod said:

Abrams is pretty much persona non grata on Warners since he failed to deliver some of his TV projects on time. Studios do not like working with people they consider unreliable.