CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

13 hours ago, dudalb said:

No matter what Gunn does with the DCU he is going to make people mad at him.

I think in the end, he is going to have just ignore, the die hard Snyderverse fans; nothing he will never make them happy.

Which is why he needs to stop being so terminally online. It's a bad look for him and just generates more confusion about the DCU if anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

Which is why he needs to stop being so terminally online. It's a bad look for him and just generates more confusion about the DCU if anything.

Yeah feel as soon as he got the job, dude should’ve stepped of social media, except announcements.

• Like 1

The level of pressure on this movie is astonishing. It has to:

- Help get the ball rolling on a rebooted franchise. 

- Begin restoring trust in a damaged brand 

- Revive an iconic character for general audiences 

- Help not put WB deeper in the hole

• Like 1

James Gunn needs to get the hell off twitter.

Debunking all the rumors isn't helping this movie. In fact rumors is a type of free marketing. Also him responding to everything makes him look like he has nothing better to do.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Debunking all the rumors isn't helping this movie. In fact rumors is a type of free marketing. Also him responding to everything makes him look like he has nothing better to do.

You guys spend way too much time obsessing with what James does in his free time. It literally doesn't affect you in any way what he does. Hop off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

He's not on twitter, lol. He uses Threads almost exclusively. With the occasional pop in on twitter, bluesky, instagram main.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

No, if anything, his consistency in getting out there and preventing rumours from spreading far and wide is building goodwill for his reboot in me. The previous DC regimes had ridiculous leak problems, and stayed radio silent whenever many detrimental rumours and controversies got out of hand. I could also rant about them announcing 500 movies based on random characters nobody asked for every hour instead of trying to fix relations with their main cast, but that's another issue entirely.

• Like 3

On 12/21/2023 at 12:32 PM, Mojoguy said:

This is going to be Batman Begins situation, low total but if good will help build back trust in the brand leading to a possible bigger sequel.

Or WBD gets impatient again and forces them to put Batman in Superman Legacy 2.

Last time I checked, Batman Begins' adjusted for inflation gross - domestically - is $337M.

They'd be thrilled with that number. As long as Legacy does it's job and leaves general audiences hungry for more.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Last time I checked, Batman Begins' adjusted for inflation gross - domestically - is $337M.

They'd be thrilled with that number. As long as Legacy does it's job and leaves general audiences hungry for more.

I'm annoyed by the doomposting as well but let's be real. Batman Begins wouldn't be doing 337M even today if Batman and Robin had been the last Batfilm 8 years back. 

...tho TBF I don't think BB would have really exploded in any scenario considering its lack of a "big name" villain, which I think plays a role in determining the BO of a Batman movie.

Edited by Spidey Freak

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I'm annoyed by the doomposting as well but let's be real. Batman Begins wouldn't be doing 337M even today if Batman and Robin had been the last Batfilm 8 years back. 

Dont kid yourself. BvS and Justice League were the last Batman films before The Batman released, and the former did twice as much as Batman Begins unadjusted. 

38 minutes ago, dallas said:

Dont kid yourself. BvS and Justice League were the last Batman films before The Batman released, and the former did twice as much as Batman Begins unadjusted. 

I added the last sentence to my post. The Batman had all of the "Big 4" Batvillains (counting the Joker cameo). The fact that it prominently featured Catwoman, Penguin and Riddler was why I was always sure it wasn't going to perform like BB even before release.

OTOH the Superman franchise doesn't really have 'big guns' at the level of the iconic Batvillains. Also Corenswet is no Pattinson, at least not at this stage in his career.

Edited by Spidey Freak

6 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

OTOH the Superman franchise doesn't really have 'big guns' at the level of the iconic Batvillains. Also Corenswet is not Pattinson, at least not at this stage in this career.

Lex Luthor + Brainiac + Zod are all pretty popular and are on similar levels as most popular Batman villains besides Joker, Harley, and Catwoman. 

20 minutes ago, dallas said:

Lex Luthor + Brainiac + Zod are all pretty popular and are on similar levels as most popular Batman villains besides Joker, Harley, and Catwoman. 

Other than Lex and Zod, they don't have the same pop-culture exposure as most Batvillains including Riddler, Penguin, Poison Ivy, Bane and Two-Face. And Lex and Zod are so overexposed that people think there aren't any Superman villains beyond the two of them. At least the Batman Rogues Gallery has 8-9 really popular characters who can be rotated around to at least preserve some novelty while still capitalizing on familiarity.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

I wouldn’t expect this to make as much as The Batman by simple virtue of the fact that Bats has consistently been the bigger moneymaker since the late 80s. I don’t know why people keep forgetting this. Just because Superman is seen as the quintessential superhero doesn’t mean he’s the one who sells the best.