CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Man, this, Fantastic Four, and maybe Spidey 4 all in a row has a chance to be an all time superhero movie run.

These images look phenomenal. 

38 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

I would've been hyped for this 7-8 years ago. Now even with Gunn it's hard to.

I am in the same boat. So disillusioned with SH movies. They all seem to have the formula of saving the world from some threat. Not sure how many of those audience outside hardcore core would enjoy. Plus the WB's scorched earth strategy it torpedoing its 2023 fair in announcing reboot might haunt this movie as well. They are at nadir levels (similar to where Batman was after B&R in 97). So even if this movie has Guardians 3 level reviews, it might have underwhelming box office. 

Only SH movie I will for sure see in theaters is Matt Reeves sequel. At least that stands on its own feet generally avoiding most of the tropes. But it has to have high quality to sustain audience's interest. Good that he is taking time in making it as well. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

I feel the same way. It does feel a little played out at this point. Also a bit too soon for another Superman film.

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

They all seem to have the formula of saving the world from some threat. Not sure how many of those audience outside hardcore core would enjoy.

This is such a broad formula that’s worked for a long long time lol. It’s like saying people are tired of the hero’s journey. If people don’t come, it gonna be because they aren’t interested in this specific character.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This is such a broad formula that’s worked for a long long time lol. It’s like saying people are tired of the hero’s journey. If people don’t come, it gonna be because they aren’t interested in this specific character.

But the tropes are too similar ending in a big CGI battle in climax. I am bored with those. Look at Nolan's Trilogy. There were threats to Gotham but it never felt World Ending. Dark Knight was more of a character study than a hero's journey or even huge threat to Gotham(only threat was one boat blowing up the other). Its possible for SH movies to move beyond tropes. 

Anyway to avoid Mod's ire, I would refrain from discussing this. I will let the fans enjoy all the leaks. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mad Max007 said:

And that is the biggest problem they will have; the GA is just burned out with Superhero movies in general. Yes, a few eill do huge numbers, but the days when you can count on any Superhero film doing big boxoffice are over.

I think it looks great, but I an see a GA member..and they are the ones who will make or break this movie,...not being that excited by this..."Looks like what I saw in Man OF Steel".

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And that is the biggest problem they will have; the GA is just burned out with Superhero movies in general. Yes, a few eill do huge numbers, but the days when you can count on any Superhero film doing big boxoffice are over.

I think it looks great, but I an see a GA member..and they are the ones who will make or break this movie,...not being that excited by this..."Looks like what I saw in Man OF Steel".

Looks worse TBH, too many characters on screen already. All I see are jokes about the red underwear over the pants. LOL.