kayumanggi

Weekend numbers pg 12: Ouija 20.0M

Saw Book of Life with Wrathette #2 and was surprised at how much I liked it. With Alexander I was just happy to not hate it. Book of Life was actually really good. In fact, I liked it more than St Vincent.

• Like 2

Annabelle proves just how strong the Conjuring brand is, and just how well liked that film was.

Ouija on the other hand I don't see finishing much higher than 50M. 55 is the ceiling, and I can see it going as low as 45.

• Like 2

I thought Lucy had one of the best trailers of the year; I'm not surprised it had a big OW, but that 3x multiplier amazes me... I mean... it wasn't necessarily a great movie...

I expected OS to pull in decent numbers, but nothing over 200-225 tbh.

3x multiplier?  Wow.  I just heard the movie was alright, so I didn't know what to make of it.  But that sure is surprising.

3x multiplier? Wow. I just heard the movie was alright, so I didn't know what to make of it. But that sure is surprising.

In my opinion, it was the killer trailers and marketing campaign that sold it, and turned it into a hit.

TMNT and Maze Runner open the same day? Not to mention Lucy and Hercules opened this week. Why would they throw all these movies together?

Lucy and Hercules opened the same day domestically, there are a lot of films and they are always going to open next to each other.

• Like 1

Ouija will have a huge drop next weekend. (not unusual) I dont think its going to make it past 40m either.

depending on where it's at next Sunday determines it to make 40 or not in my opinion it should earn at least between 35-40 million domestic which isn't bad for a horror movie that is pretty much being hated