grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Hopefully we can quit the "Nolan is God", "Nolan is Jesus", "Nolan is the best thing since cinnamon bread and our forever overlord ruler." Almost feels like karma. The man is a great filmmaker and incredibly talent, but hes just a director. Obviously the GA sees him as a mere mortal, but Nolanites beg to differ.

But he's yet to make a bad movie.

Interstellar is a three hour ego fest. It is 20 minutes longer than Inception and has a less audience friendly story. To be honest Nolan is overrated. He is a good director, but he not a great one. His only great film was Dark Knight and that had the Joker, who is the greatest villain in comics. And much of his success with Batman owes a lot to the 90s animated series. He just doesn't have the track record of directors like Cameron or Spielberg to get this kind of fanboy adulation. 

• Like 1

Mad Max is a flop in the making. It would be best just move out of summer. I think September will be a good release date for it. 

It had 11.5M views on youtube. That shows an ok degree of anticipation. And OS it resembles FF, it will do good.

Not with early previews  :lol:  If previews start at 6 or 7 on Thursday  it could do 115m+ OD. 

:rofl: They can start previews at 6 and still won't get 100M OD, let alone 115M..

Thats why I called him incredibly talented. Comparing him to a deity is not how you display his talents. Compare him to other directors.

He's easily a top 3 director at the moment but that's a conversation for another thread.

:P

• Like 2

Interstellar is a three hour ego fest. It is 20 minutes longer than Inception and has a less audience friendly story. To be honest Nolan is overrated. He is a good director, but he not a great one. His only great film was Dark Knight and that had the Joker, who is the greatest villain in comics. And much of his success with Batman owes a lot to the 90s animated series. He just doesn't have the track record of directors like Cameron or Spielberg to get this kind of fanboy adulation. 

What-the-fuck-are-you-talking-about-gif.

• Like 1

Worst case 125, best case 165-170.

I agree about worst case, but what's up with that best case? It's a movie that skews older (a LOT): 75% over the age of 25. Isn't that supposed to assure good legs in most cases? That is around a 3.2x muliplier, hardly impressive for such a movie. 

Worst case 125, best case 165-170.

wait so everyone was saying this had no way of missing 200m and i felt really risky going down to 175, and suddenly that's an overestimate now? why is the north american box office lashing me like this where is the justice