Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

somewhere in the Lionsgate marketing department is a person whose sole job is to say the word “wider” once a year. pic.twitter.com/x5MFVWPp1N

— david ehrlich (@davidehrlich) November 21, 2014
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I really wish they'd went with the blue theme for Mockingjay though:

Mockingjay.JPG

All these posters just blend in and you couldn't tell which is for which movie. The blue would have made it more distinct and appealing IMO. Another marketing miss :/

• Like 5

Oh :( But Singapore might be nice. Heard it's the safest country on earth, even though privacy might not be so valued as in the US. But I'd like to go there.

I think you should do it. How often would any of us get the opportunity to go abroad for a year and get paid to do it?

Well that's a great opportunity but Singapore is pretty conservative and homophobic just FYI. You've probably done some research already though.

There's certainly alot of plusses and minuses. It would be great for my career and resume (this is a huge responsbility), lucrative financially, cool life experience etc.

But I already did an international assignment last year, and that was only 5 months and I was getting homesick towards the end, when you do something like that it feels like you're putting your real life on pause the whole time. A year is a very long time and I don't think I want to commit to that.

I want to do something different and this would certainly be different but I think the easier solution and one that will make me more happy is to just to find a new job.

Side bar, is Singapore really that homophobic? I didn't know that. It sounds like some kind of expat paradise from what I've heard.

• Like 1

Yup. Thinking MJP2 has a fair shot at next year... DH2 rebounded very well from DH1's somewhat underwhelming OW... Of course, it was a great OW, but the expectations were very, very high then.

I wasn't following BO back then. 125M was 23M over the previous series record. How much were people expecting it to do?!

But still, it was a significant jump over AOTC... 80m without the benefit of format changes or wildly different theater counts is impressive no matter how you slice it.

Sith didn't have IMAX?

Still want to know where they got 25m from.... Were they just guessing?

They put the same estimate as Catching Fire. It is possible someone at The Wrap heard from a studio source "pretty much the same as Catching Fire" and ran with it instead of actually confirming the real number. It's also possible someone at The Wrap decided to copy and paste as a good troll.

• Like 1