Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

MJ is such a mess of a book but its ending is its easy bright spot.

I thought the second half of the novel was where it really got bad, as opposed to the first half which was just boring. Unless they make some changes in the film adaptation, I doubt it'll do much better than part 1.

• Like 1

That is your opinion but I think without the games its a certainty CF would not have done well as it did as there be nothing as appealing to sell to the mainstream audiences as "the Hunger Games Again All Star Edition!

Personally only reason why myself and a lot of my guy friends watched CF was to see the THG again.

I think MJ1 lost a lot of that casual crowd this time.  

Who wants to see kids killing kids? No thank you. I appreciated the hell out of the first movie's commentary on our society through the American Idol-esque treatment of the games.

Kind of interesting that you say you wanted to watch more bloodthirsty action sequences since the first movie seemed to be making a pretty strong commentary AGAINST that mentality. The movie franchise is profiting from this even while speaking out against it.

• Like 1

Who wants to see kids killing kids? No thank you. I appreciated the hell out of the first movie's commentary on our society through the American Idol-esque treatment of the games.

Kind of interesting that you say you wanted to watch more bloodthirsty action sequences since the first movie seemed to be making a pretty strong commentary AGAINST that mentality. The movie franchise is profiting from this even while speaking out against it.

Of course I did not want to see Kids Killing Kids because I enjoy it.

However the entire concept is interesting and far more appealing than anything else in THG franchise to non fans.

People can say the games were the worst part in CF but without the games CF would have fallen big time from THG. What would have the film been? 

Revolution?, well we see how enticing that is to non fans with MJ1. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

55M? MJ2 in 3D announcement coming on Monday :P

Holdovers not doing so hot either. BH6 did the same as WiR, 18-19M weekend possible. IS slightly better than Thor 2, 14-15M. Unexpectedly decent hold for DADT.

400M is dead for MJ1, 350M will be a slog.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1