Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

That doesn't really disprove my case. Budgets may be bigger, but the movies are also making more money (and selling more tickets).

Selling more tickets?  Maybe, but the population is much bigger now than it was in the 80's.  Saying movies in the 80's didn't make money is not true and it distorts a lot.  You are simply taking one piece of a puzzle that has about 20.

• Like 3

I am more excited for the box office prospects of the movies that are not the 'BIG THREE' of 2015. TA: AOU, SW: TFA and THG: M II will all be huge and could be boring to follow. lol

Me too. I want JA to surprise a bit, I really wanna see how Maze Runner 2 does OS and I'm curious if In The Heart of the Sea will become an adult hit. Before Inferno and Conjuring 2 were moved, they were my most anticipated movies when it comes to BO tracking.

Oh yeah, 50 Shades is my most anticipated when we talk BO tracking. Can't wait for that.

Edited by James
  • Like 1

any year where night at the museum is the second biggest movie is a year I don't wanna talk about. And what were the other hits that year that weren't pirates 2? Da Vinci Code? Cars? Jiminy cricket..

And yet so many more tickets than years with all these blockbuster sequel tentpole stuff.

• Like 1

Yeah, we should have more generic crap like GotG and less actually exciting, interesting movies like DVC.

Oh please you can hate on GOTG but DVC was a terrible film! 

Critics and audiences agree with that.

That was the only time I ever fell asleep at a movie theater, 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1