ACCA

Sony Pictures Hacked

I don't care for Angie's ego-driven whitewashed mess of a project (seriously, what's with her and wanting to play colored women? This will be the THIRD fucking time after Wanted and A Mighty Heart) so kind of sympathise with Rudin, even though he wants to cockblock her for all the wrong reasons!

I don't care for Angie's ego-driven whitewashed mess of a project (seriously, what's with her and wanting to play colored women? This will be the THIRD fucking time after Wanted and A Mighty Heart) so kind of sympathise with Rudin, even though he wants to cockblock her for all the wrong reasons!

LOL wow.

Cleopatra first of all was Greek.. so yeah, European descent, not African.

Wanted? LOL, so because the character was Halle Berry lookalike in the comic she had to be black in the movie? No. Speaking of did you object to Berry playing Catwoman, Idris Ilba in Thor, etc?

A Mighty Heart I guess I'll give you but Mariane Pearl herself is friends with Angelina and was supportive of the casting.

• Like 1

Honestly, there are many more potential problems with a Jolie Cleopatra than "whitewashing." Elizabeth Taylor was an egotistical prima donna, but Jolie will be an egotistical prima donna with official creative control. Liz turned Cleo into her movie, but this Cleo will be Angie's from the start...

Though out of every possible Cleopatra remake scenario I can envision, one with Jolie would probably be the one least likely to bomb (if only because without a singular STAR as Cleo, a remake would almost certainly tank domestically).

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Scott Rudin offered an apology -

“Private emails between friends and colleagues written in haste and without much thought or sensitivity, even when the content of them is meant to be in jest, can result in offense where none was intended,” he told Deadline. “I made a series of remarks that were meant only to be funny, but in the cold light of day, they are in fact thoughtless and insensitive — and not funny at all. To anybody I’ve offended, I’m profoundly and deeply sorry, and I regret and apologize for any injury they might have caused.”

I guess he still means the Jolie thing lol.
Edited by The Futurist

Pretty embarrassing for Pascal and Rudin that they were caught making racial jokes about Obama behind his back. In general I think Sony is getting exactly what they deserve.

I'd be surprised if every major studio wasn't run by assholes of a similar magnitude. Don't know if they deserve.

Pretty embarrassing for Pascal and Rudin that they were caught making racial jokes about Obama behind his back. In general I think Sony is getting exactly what they deserve.

Rupert Murdoch has got to have ordered supermax security for his emails now.

• Like 2