grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

Like from what they show here from the actual movie. The narration of the main character, the obvious love story, etc. it's there. Spielberg just has to pull it off and make the story work.

This doesn't feel like Tomorrowland (that seems A Wrinkle In Time) or Valerian. This feels like something new.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Certain areas like the opening market had potential but it just fell apart and eventually gave me a headache. Some scenes felt like missions in a video game like when Cara had to get that thing from the Jellyfish or whatever (I can hardly remember it) and get back to Valerian. But then other areas of it were great like that Valerian run through the city but the rest of the film failed to live up to it. I really liked Fifth Element and enjoyed Lucy too.

It's like the quintessential European graphic novels (considering it's based off of one, I mean), which I've always really liked, I wish more people would try to adapt them because I guess we're never getting another Tintin movie.  It wasn't perfect but it got the job done - for me.

Mind I've never seen another Luc Besson film.

I don't care enough to have anything against RPO I just...don't get 90% of these choices so far and nothing besides a plot point they're not keeping secret makes me want to rush to see it..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, That One Guy said:

None of the movies you listed have “zero redeeming qualities.”  Makes me think you haven’t seen that many movies 🤔

Okay, Alien had the flute scene, but King Arthur and Mummy are just, awful. Everything wrong with modern blockbusters in a nutshell

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

It's like you want people here to make fun of you.

cruise is cool as always, Crowe is funny, them fighting is funny, Sofia Boutella licks Tom Cruise, Jake Johnson dies, and a lot of other dumb but somewhat entertaining stuff happens (except for that 30 minute exposition dump in the middle of the film cause blehhh).  sounds okay to me.

(also I don’t think The Mummy is good at all but lol @ “no redeeming qualities”)

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

On 2/17/2018 at 1:26 AM, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Valerian was on par with Mummy, Alien and King Arthur. Awful movie with like zero redeeming qualities

But King Arthur and Valerian were awesome. They were 5th and 7th in my 2017 list actually.

There are some of us who just really like this type of movies, you know. And by "this type" I mean movies in fantastical settings. They'll always hold a dear spot in my own heart.

I can overlook a lot of flaws in a movie if I feel drawn to the world it has built and I often do with this kind of movies even when given nothing more than an adequate framework to work with.

Maybe @That One Guygets it.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

But King Arthur and Valerian were awesome. They were 5th and 7th in my 2017 list actually.

There are some of us who just really like these type of movies, you know. And by "these types" I mean movies in fantastical settings. They'll always hold a dear spot in my own heart.

I can overlook a lot of flaws in a movie if I feel drawn to the world it has built and I often do with these kind of movies even when given nothing more than an adequate framework to work with.

Maybe @That One Guygets it.

we need more top directors with big budgets making fantasy films

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

There are some of us who just really like this type of movies, you know. And by "this type" I mean movies in fantastical settings. They'll always hold a dear spot in my own heart.

I can overlook a lot of flaws in a movie if I feel drawn to the world it has built and I often do with this kind of movies even when given nothing more than an adequate framework to work with.

Very well put.:qotd:

(it is just a shame I don't get that feeling watching the RP1 trailers)

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

On 17/02/2018 at 3:26 AM, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Valerian was on par with Mummy, Alien and King Arthur. Awful movie with like zero redeeming qualities

Alien was pretty damn good when it didnt try to be a horror. The engineer storyline was great and id love to see more