grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

FWIW, the long range tracking over at boxoffice.com still has this at 54/180.

That is waaaaaay outside of BFG comps and even outside of Tomorrowland adj comps (35/101 adj).

What was Tomorrowland's long range tracking anyway?

*checks*

Looks to be about 47/143 one month out (unadj, natch). 

That proved to be a bit optimistic. :)

(Downgraded to 44/122 one week out which was still an overshoot)

Edited by Porthos

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Every time I saw an ad for this during the Olympics I couldn't remember which movie it was until the end of the ad

... and then I remembered it was Spielberg and then I wondered I why he chose this project.  

I keep doing that too..."Cool, video games, Rampage - wait a minute."

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Every time I saw an ad for this during the Olympics I couldn't remember which movie it was until the end of the ad

... and then I remembered it was Spielberg and then I wondered I why he chose this project.  

It's strange him tackling a property that fondles itself to 1980s (though not exclusively that era) nostalgia, which includes alot of productions he was involved with. We'll see what drew him creatively to tackle it, but cynically I keep having the feeling he thought he found a way to commercially hook in Millennials/Gen Y kids since it's been quite a while since Blockbuster King Spielberg has delivered a legit super hit.