grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

6 hours ago, DAJK said:

I'm getting more and more nervous this is gonna be another Tomorrowland

I think RPO will open higher than Tomorrowland or John Carter, the advantage it has over those two is there no big competition until Rampage. BO pro $54m OW which I assume is the four day opening seems about right, it's not like there's much competition beforehand unlike those two.

It'd have to be pretty awful to not crack $100m domestic, I think $150-180m is the ceiling. 

The new poster is pretty cool but I like the banner on the RPO Twitter page, I imagine that'll be used alongside the new poster in the ad campaign.

DV9jhDSXUAA-Lmt.jpg:large

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 6

This is going to be so much fun.

Will it do well financially? No idea, doesn't matter too much anyways since there's no prospect for a sequel either way. I'm just happy this was made and I'm ready to have lots of fun with it, just like I had fun with The Lone Ranger, John Carter, King Arthur, etc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm torn between whether this will be a hit or a bomb. Could see it go either way.

I think it'll fall somewhere in the middle, does good business but nothing mind blowing. 

28 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This is going to be so much fun.

Will it do well financially? No idea, doesn't matter too much anyways since there's no prospect for a sequel either way. I'm just happy this was made and I'm ready to have lots of fun with it, just like I had fun with The Lone Ranger, John Carter, King Arthur, etc.

Isn't the author writing a sequel? If anything, RPO will be a visual treat.

1 minute ago, Telehilation said:

Kid, I've watched his filmography from one side to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe he's this one all-powerful director incapable of making a crappy movie. 

I dunno man, you thinking this looks bad just gives me more confidence in its quality :thinking: 

• Like 2