grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

7 hours ago, Apollo2xx said:

For those who have seen it, does it look like the book? I'm tired of book adaptations that changes the whole storyline.

Haven't read it but after gleaning on Wiki and Reddit, the general premise, the characters and the world (and some plot beats) are the same, but the storyline and the challenges themselves are quite different.

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

Yeah, I heard comments about that so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

there is

Spoiler

no lightsaber. Apparently, there's a cut sequence where Parzival fights i-R0k (TJ Miller) with one but it's definitely not in the film

• Like 1

7 hours ago, antovolk said:

there is

Reveal hidden contents

How is the Iron Giant in this? Would you say his personality is similar to the original Iron Giant film?

I just saw an Ad where the characters drive past a cinema playing “Jack Slater 3”. The fake film franchise that Schwarzenegger was in in Last Action Hero... How did they decide on all these Easter Eggs? Looks like there’s thousands of them,

2 minutes ago, HockeyPads said:

So apparently non SXSW reviews are embargoed till tommorow? How does that work?

It plays for the paying public tomorrow with preview shows in the UK. So I'm guessing the general embargo is tied to that.

17 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Now that the movie is at 81% with a 6.6 average rating, is it a safe bet to assume that it won’t drop below 60%?

too small amount of reviews for conversation about this. Just wait for 50-60 at least.

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 2

Jamie Graham
Total Film

March 19, 2018

Spielberg gets his game face on with spectacular results. One extended scene - no spoilers! - is as fun as cinema gets.

Full Review | Original Score: 4/5

That was the review added today.

Nice to see that 9 out of the last 10 reviews added were fresh.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, antovolk said:

well Iron Giant is

Reveal hidden contents

That is some straight up garbage. 

Spoiler

Bard Bird crafted Iron Giant as a beautiful movie centered around anti-violence and anti-gun themes.  For the Iron Giant to just be another random weapon completely disrespects the original movie and its creative team. 

• Like 1