grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

My wife, who hates geek based stuff and video games and hasn't watched many 80s movies, absolutely loved the book. She read it in a day and her first question to me was "So when is the movie of this coming out?" (and she didn't know it was being made into a movie). This has the potential to be huge for sure.

• Like 1

I got this on audible a couple months back and listened to half the book but stopped cos it's complete bullshit. I'm not sure about the quality of the project but I know it's at least an 8/10 from baumer because of how in love with the fucking 80s it is.

Edited by cooliod1

I got this on audible a couple months back and listened to half the book but stopped cos it's complete bullshit. I'm not sure about the quality of the project but I know it's at least an 8/10 from baumer because of how in love with the fucking 80s it is.

lmao

I enjoyed Ready Player One, and it would certainly be visually awesome on the big screen, but it squanders its potential to dive deeper into its themes (the gist of the novel is that while the world is going to shit, society plugged into a video game to escape the pains of reality) to have more 80s references. It was a good novel that never grasped true greatness.

I'm still hyped to see what Spielberg does with the material, though.

Oh, the date was officially announced by a Warner executive to the trades.

Wasn't the Berg like 2 months out Robo and fully cast? 

I will say Warner putting it down does give me little more confidence. But I wouldn't be surprised if in 6 months he turns to a producer role and gets someone else to direct. 

http://deadline.com/2015/08/steven-spielbergs-ready-player-one-december-15-2017-release-warner-bros-1201493651/

“Any film from Steven Spielberg is an event film, so it felt right to date this thrilling new project from one of our greatest filmmakers for the holiday season,” said Warner Bros domestic distribution head Dan Fellman

• Like 2