Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Heh, I might be in the minority here but I would've preferred a Prometheus sequel instead of the movie Blomkamp was gonna make.  I don't understand the people saying this looks like Prometheus, the only connection in the the trailer is the Fassbender.

Oh I agree that this looks nothing like Prometheus. The only scene that does is that one. This reminds me more of Alien: Resurrection with updated CGI.

"Can you hear that?"

"What?"

"... Nothing."

Can we add this to the list of lines of dialogue we should retire?

Overall the trailer wasn't bad, but I don't get any feeling that it'll reach the horror heights of Alien, or the action greatness of Aliens. Plus I doubt they answer any of the questions left by Prometheus.

Alien: Congenital. This time even the Alien is as dumb and moronic as Prometheus human characters.

Seriously, did I just see an alien squatting and poking a windshield with his wang shaped head to tongue fuck Danny McBride?

'member when the Alien could melt entire floors with its acid saliva? I remember...

2 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Alien: Congenital. This time even the Alien is as dumb and moronic as Prometheus human characters.

Seriously, did I just see an alien squatting and poking a windshield with his wang shaped head to tongue fuck Danny McBride?

'member when the Alien could melt entire floors with its acid saliva? I remember...

:rofl::D :rofl:

4 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

I was wondering that too.

Only thing I could possibly think of is maybe this Xenomorph isn't fully evolved yet?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

I don't think it was ever definitely established whether its saliva is corosive. If i remember correctly there was evidence for and against it throughout all films.

EDIT:

Plus Aliens are different depending on the host.

Edited by Elessar

26 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I don't think it was ever definitely established whether its saliva is corosive. If i remember correctly there was evidence for and against it throughout all films.

EDIT:

Plus Aliens are different depending on the host.

Saliva wasn't corrosive. Just its blood. Xenomorph had colorless regular saliva and yellow acidic blood.

34 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Yeah, you're right it's their blood that is corrosive but I might recall that nasty shit coming out of its tongue is rancid and could cause skin burns (the way its depicted with steam fuming around the mouth like a chemical reaction occuring whenever an alien is set to attack). But still I find that shot of the Alien poking with its head so funny in a bad way, it looks like a dumb woodpecker having a hard time breaking a windshield and not that relentless killing predator whose body fluids can melt metal.

Edited by dashrendar44

4 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Yeah, you're right it's their blood that is corrosive but I might recall that nasty shit coming out of its tongue is rancid and could cause skin burns (the way its depicted with steam fuming around the mouth like a chemical reaction occuring whenever an alien is set to attack). But still I find that shot of the Alien poking with its head so funny in a bad way, it looks like a dumb woodpecker having a hard time breaking a windshield and not that relentless killing predator whose body fluids can melt metal.

I don't know, it looked more like a scare tactic to me, just trying to scare its prey but when you guys brought it up, yeah, I can see it your way too.

I'm not big on this franchise but aren't they supposed to be very cunning?

6 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Like it was said, this is an early xenomorph and probably lacks the intelligence to think of using its own blood as a weapon.

"early xenomorphs" are uninteresting then because they don't possess that cunning, unpredictable and twisted intelligence only driven to kill in spite of any morals and human logic that Ash lauded with unfettered fascination. Now it's just the typical Monster of the week jumping at people and squatting in the broad daylight like a dumb annoying mosquito.

I never wanted to see Bruce the shark prequel when he was as terrifying as Nemo either.

Edited by dashrendar44

32 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Saliva wasn't corrosive. Just its blood. Xenomorph had colorless regular saliva and yellow acidic blood.

I think there was an alien once (in the 3rd of 4th film) spitting something that might have had corrosive traits or maybe it was just a burning sensation on the skin / eyes.

I think the shot with the alien perching on the outside of the ship looks pretty awesome.

As for the headbutts, it's using its hands and feet to cling to the ship, using its head in this case makes sense.

I feel like some people are trying really hard to find faults. ;) 

• Like 1

It looks like the alien is squatting to take a big fat dump onto Kenny Powers face. 

500x1000px-LL-6e5cf9dd_IMG_1240.PNG

Seriously though, there's something unintentionally hilarious in the way the alien is shown I can't shake up. Something I should never have thought about an Alien. (I didn't find an Alien outright laughable even in Alien Resurrection and AvP, those movies had their fair share of bloody ridiculous stuff already). The rest looks like a pedestrian remake of Alien directed by Len Wiseman.

To each his own.;)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3