Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

19 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

The trailer is very good representation of the movie. I am hearing good things but that's all...nothing that will blow your socks off. Expecting a 40-50% on RT.

:kitschjob:

AH, right, it's Fox. We all know how much you love Fox so that's your comment explained!

:qotd:

Ugh, I actually really liked the first trailer, the feels it gave me gave me hope that Ridley was taking this back in the right direction. This new trailer to me was absolutely horrendous, it's just so fucking typical like any other trailer today, basically showing the whole fucking movie. I have no sunk to zero urge to see this movie, I'm that disgusted.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

:kitschjob:

AH, right, it's Fox. We all know how much you love Fox so that's your comment explained!

:qotd:

I think that's a good rating for an R rated movie which looks like a reimagining of original with better effects and cinematography and is just fun in a scary/horror way.

As I've said before: Friday the 13th with Aliens.

Group of friends go somewhere they shouldn't, they drink, have a party, make dumb decisions, get chased, run, get killed.

It's all very simple. After the boring, overlong and confused Prometheus, this is a welcome change in direction.

17 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Not really feeling it. Feels like a mashup of Prometheus and an Alien remake, only with a lot of catering to the 21st-century generic horror model of fast cutting, jarring editing, and hyper-kinetic movement that just looks off.

It's probably the way the trailer was cut, if there is one thing Scott has never stumbled on its making a great looking movie.  He's easily one of the best visualists in Hollywood so I don't think he's gonna make a gimmicky looking movie here.  And I see some people are once again talking about incomplete CGI months before release lol

The movie looks exactly like one vapid fandom wanted and that's the problem.  Curious guy standing over egg as it opens? Check.  Facehuggers? Check.  Chest bursters? Check. Xenomorphs lurking in dark corridors killing people? Check.  People with guns? Check.  Big boss looking Xenomorph at the end? Check. Ripley Clone? Check.

i'll definitely see it because it's Scott doing scifi  and I'll take an Alien fan service film over capes and sky beams any day, but I'm not expecting a unique or memorable movie in any significant way.  It should be called Alien: Conventional.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 3

I have not seen the first trailer but I did see the second one and there is nothing remotely interesting about it. It's your standard story of humans and a foreign planet.

I'm also trying to tie this film back to the previous Ripley and Prometheus films. It doesn't seem to mesh with the other films. Is it a reboot or are moviegoers just supposed to believe these characters have no knowledge of the events from any of the previous films, much like the Friday the 13th series?

Edited by LonePirate

Scott has an army of designers that has been working with him for a very long time.

Also, exactly the same VFX houses as in Prometheus with MPC (Jungle Book) leading the show.

No wonder the flavor is quite promethean.

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

As I've said before: Friday the 13th with Aliens.

Group of friends go somewhere they shouldn't, they drink, have a party, make dumb decisions, get chased, run, get killed.

It's all very simple. After the boring, overlong and confused Prometheus, this is a welcome change in direction.

I have an issue with all the slasher flicks you just described: what's wrong with drinking, having fun, fooling around in your bedroom with your loved ones? People do it every weekend around the world. I thought Prometheus will be different. But after the 2 leads have sex (and presumably Idris & Charlize fooled around too, not to mention the almost-gay couple of Fifield & Milburn), all hell breaks loose.

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

hahahaha awesome.

I did not want to see someone glancing over an egg....that immediately gave me flashbacks to the worst parts of Prometheus or the bad Alien sequels.

Heh, I might be in the minority here but I would've preferred a Prometheus sequel instead of the movie Blomkamp was gonna make.  I don't understand the people saying this looks like Prometheus, the only connection in the the trailer is the Fassbender.

• Like 1