Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Really the only criticism I'm seeing is that the film is torn between being like Alien and being like Prometheus. Fortunately, it seems like the horror parts are fucking amazing.

Have heard it's half Prometheus (with plenty of creature horror) with more satisfying world building/half Aliens.

Which means it could end on a high note which is always good for these types of movies.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

I watched Alien and Aliens back to back last night and also watched some of the special features. 

Carrie Henn had never acted before Aliens and has never acted since. During the making of Aliens she missed most of her school year as a 9 year old yet now as an adult she's a teacher teaching 9 year olds. 

30 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I watched Alien and Aliens back to back last night and also watched some of the special features. 

Carrie Henn had never acted before Aliens and has never acted since. During the making of Aliens she missed most of her school year as a 9 year old yet now as an adult she's a teacher teaching 9 year olds. 

Guess she just likes the word 9. Ironically its her birthday today. 

She gave a fairly good child performance for someone who had never acted before. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

21 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Which is crazy considering her good her performance is at that age. But I can respect it; you can't improve improve on batting a 1000.

this looks average. RT 6.7/10 ave rating, RT score 77%(bound to decline a bit more). runtime only 122 mins. metacritic(new method of rating) is only 65. 

Edited by Halba
  • Like 4

Scott and the writers have achieved an outstanding balance in Alien: Covenant among numerous different elements: Intelligent speculation and textbook sci-fi presumptions, startlingly inventive action and audience-pleasing old standbys, philosophical considerations and inescapable genre conventions, intense visual splendor and gore at its most grisly. The drama flows gorgeously and, unlike in many other franchises in which entries keep getting longer every time out, this one is served up without an ounce of fat. It provides all the tension and action the mainstream audience could want, along with a good deal more.

I love that excerpt from THR's review. This seems like everything I wanted for the series.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Dark Rock said:

Looks like the reviews will be even poor than Prometheus. Things doesn't look too good and we are looking at another mediocre passable Alien movie once again.

Nah it seems to be more of a crowd pleaser. No confusing sci-fi philosophy mumbo jumbo this time round. Not too long either. 

The Wrap review is exactly what I wanted "interstellar version of Friday the 13th".

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

I'm with Goffe, I definitely think we have the right to expect more than a lazy, AvP-esque movie from the series that brought us Alien and Aliens.

Which is good, since we are getting much more than that?

I don't think I've ever watched my Prometheus BLU Ray. 

YES! Drunk Prometheous watch time. 

Edited by DeeCee
Realisation that I was actually watching Prometheus