Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

1 hour ago, Tele Came Back said:

PROMETHEUS was a mess, but I still enjoyed it, mostly for the visuals and for the last 40 minutes or so. So if COVENANT is along similar lines, I probably won't love it but it'll still be entertaining.

I actually agree. It was solid entertainment and it looked and sounded great too. I feel so much like an outsider anytime I'm on another forum and someone posts "okay, who actually liked Prometheus", and I'm like "raises hand". 

16 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I actually agree. It was solid entertainment and it looked and sounded great too. I feel so much like an outsider anytime I'm on another forum and someone posts "okay, who actually liked Prometheus", and I'm like "raises hand". 

Myeah, I mean, the characters mostly behaved like idiots, and there was a chunk of the movie where it felt (literally) like I was missing a reel of footage, but once I got past that, it was fine. It's always fun to watch Fassbender. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Myeah, I mean, the characters mostly behaved like idiots, and there was a chunk of the movie where it felt (literally) like I was missing a reel of footage, but once I got past that, it was fine. It's always fun to watch Fassbender. 

I agree, and as dumb as the characters were, most of the actual performances were not actually bad. Fassbender was of course excellent & easily the MVP of course. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigausorus said:

The budget is only $ 111M. Should be profitable.

Maybe it does what Power Rangers did so I can have another 213720947132492470473219740913479079035709579071025 round debate with Tel over how Freeform will make the movie profitable!

28 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

This movie has

TWO Fassbender androids, so I hope Walter is the real hero of the movie and he goes on to kill David and becomes the "Megaman" of the Alien timeline and leads the RESISTANCE against Weyland-Yutani.

Mods you might want to spoiler this one.  

The MVP in every Scott movie is his understanding of light and how sophisticated his light and color compositions are, inspired by the photo real painters of the 18th century, before painting went all to shit and it jumped the shark and the pursuit of beauty in painting was abandonned.

I barfed on my canevas and it is worth 59m$ at Sothebys yay !

The way the light enters in a Ridley Scott shot is always an event in itself. 

Then, the storytelling begins and ... :ph34r:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

I was actually enjoying Prometheus through the early part of the movie. That is until those supposed scientists "conveniently" get lost even though, you know, they're in constant audio and visual communication with the crew of the ship lol

And then one of them decides he's going to touch a creature that's reared up in an obvious defensive/aggressive position hissing at you!! Come on now. I'm supposed to believe a scientific genius is gonna ignore those signs and say Fuck it!! I'm gonna touch it. 

It was nothing but a convenient plot devise to get the gore factor ramped up and get the pace of the movie rolling. It was pretty much all down hill from there. 

I still want to see Covenent but I'll probably wait till later. 

I think it's kinda silly that some people hate on Prometheus because of a couple gaps in logic. It's not that difficult to let go and believe scientists would make stupid decisions when you're already watching a science fiction film about killer aliens on a planet light years away. Smart people do stupid shit all the time. Just watch the news. Anyway, the craft on display in that movie is tremendous. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I think it's kinda silly that some people hate on Prometheus because of a couple gaps in logic. It's not that difficult to let go and believe scientists would make stupid decisions when you're already watching a science fiction film about killer aliens on a planet light years away. Smart people do stupid shit all the time. Just watch the news. Anyway, the craft on display in that movie is tremendous. 

Yeah, it never bothered me that much either. People in real life and especially in pretty much all horror movies do dumb shit. The severity of the online complaints are mind-boggling to me sometimes. Reminds me of the MoS genocide complaints, similar bullshit. I guess people want to act smart...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2

I disliked prometheus for different reasons. I didnt care that scientest tried petting a snake or vickers cant run in a straight line. My complaint was just it raised a lot of interesting questions only for to leave it all unanswered. I also didnt like how the climax of the movie was in the very first teaser trailer. There wasnt many scenes i hated in prometheus, i was just expecting more from it

• Like 1

The complaints about the characters in Prometheus doing something stupid has always been the most baffling criticism of the movie...especially when the posters like far stupider sci-fi films. Prometheus was a very good movie. I really admire it.

• Like 2