Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

Just now, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

This movie comes out in 2 weeks.. Boy, they really need to kick the promos for this movie into high gear, cause as of right now, I can count on 1 hand how many TV Spots I've seen for this in the last week and it's not that many.. Do they not have confidence in this or what?? :thinking:

I assume there will be plenty of spots this weekend and a steady push for the next two weeks. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

told ya long time ago that this offers nothing new except some great kills, technically beautiful film and some solid acting. Prometheus was more ambitious.

yawn

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alli said:

"The franchise has gone through a number of permutations since, but “Alien: Covenant” is, if nothing else, a return to form for both Scott and the series: a hard-R horror movie, featuring ferocious, acid-dripping space crustaceans, a tough female lead and a bunch of dead-meat crew members."

"As acts of creation go, Scott has made an “Alien” movie for that segment of the audience that has always rooted for the monster."

Scanned that review for a consensus...and yeah that's all I wanted. Sounds like this this is going to get a similar reaction to Kong.

Edited by somebody85

15 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

Excellent.. See?? There you go folks.. If Variety loved it, then you know it's gotta be good.. I'm there..B)

I only scanned it because I didn't want to see spoilers but it seems fresh. I don't think they loved it. Whoever wrote it said it's more of the same but I picked out those two parts because that's all I care about.

Just like Kong not going into this expecting to love the characters. If they are good then awesome. I just want a hard R rated horror monster movie that makes sense.

• Like 1

Just now, Tele Came Back said:

It's a popcorn blockbuster spectacle. I don't really need more, depending on genre and concept. If I get more, that's a bonus. 

This. We should be grateful for a good Alien movie, especially from Ridley Scott.

14 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

It's a popcorn blockbuster spectacle. I don't really need more, depending on genre and concept. If I get more, that's a bonus. 

I don't know how good this film is, but I'm pretty sure I've seen someone say some variation on this every single time a ho-hum action blockbuster has been released.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

As much as i didnt like prometheus i still really wanted a sequel to it so it will be pretty disappointing if this answer nothing from it and resorts to B movie slaughter house, especially after teasing with that prologue