Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

1 hour ago, baumer said:

At this point there's nothing left to do with Aliens.  It's all been done.  It's a basic concept.  Humans get chased and killed by a xenomorph.  It's the exact same concept as Friday the 13th.  So what more can be done?  We don't have Cameron to expand the universe anymore so what you're left with is the same tired concept.  So what it comes down to is whether or not you identify with the characters.  If the characters are well written, then the film will probably be a success....if they are more like they were in Prometheus, then the film will probably suck.

And that's the reason why Scott tried to expand the concept and mythology of the franchise in Prometheus, and while it didn't work for most of persons, I don't think it's fair to say that "there's nothing else to be done", when Prometheus actually opened a lot of questions that is probably going to be answered in the future installments.

• Like 1

It  s pretty simple folks, you cannot discover Alien, the monster, the creature, a second time.

No other monster, in 38 years, has been able to match Alien, no one.

In the making of, the screenwriters knew the basic concept of the 1978 movie was, well, basic, but everything changed when :

- Giger entered the arena, giving the Alien a design that makes it the Mona Lisa of all Monsters.

- they found the idea for the horrible & glorious nature of the reproductive system of the Alien, and how it uses humans has hosts, with all the sexual innuendos.

The combination of these two factors made Alien the most famous, beautiful, menacing, creepy and memorable monster in movie history.

Can you blame the makers of Alien Covenant for not being able to create a Mona Lisa for a second time ?

Can you blame the makers of Alien Covenant for not being able to match the genius of James Cameron displayed in Aliens, my favourite movie ever ? 

I know I can't.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

It  s pretty simple folks, you cannot discover Alien, the monster, the creature, a second time.

No other monster, in 38 years, has been able to match Alien, no one.

In the making of, the screenwriters knew the basic concept of the 1978 movie was, well, basic, but everything changed when :

- Giger entered the arena, giving the Alien a design that makes it the Mona Lisa of all Monsters.

- they found the idea for the horrible & glorious nature of the reproductive system of the Alien, and how it uses humans has hosts, with all the sexual innuendos.

The combination of these two factors made Alien the most famous, beautiful, menacing, creepy and memorable monster in movie history.

Can you blame the makers of Alien Covenant for not being able to create a Mona Lisa for a second time ?

Can you blame the makers of Alien Covenant for not being able to match the genius of James Cameron displayed in Aliens, my favourite movie ever ? 

I know I can't.

You sure about that?

0bd0cb747ee3984222d778b774e2889e.jpg

• Like 9