grim22

10 Cloverfield Lane | 3.11.2016 | Walking Dead TV Spot on Page 15 | Tickets on Sale Now!

I agree w/that. I don't care if there's a giant lizard crushing bunkers w/its footsteps or not; it would be extra cool to see, but if that ain't there, I won't mind it. I just wanna see a good psychological thriller, good performances by a bunch of good actors, and some unexpected twists and turns given the mystery box nature of the film.

With that in mind, I'm not exactly sure what will the GA think about this. I've read many YT comments on trailers and TV spots that had me like: "Wow, these people are so getting prepared for disappointment", since their mindset is that, given it carries the name 'Cloverfield' and is supposedly (never confirmed to be) a sequel to it, it HAS to have monsters all the way through. That kinda worries me for the WOM prospects.

On February 21, 2016 at 0:56 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

I agree w/that. I don't care if there's a giant lizard crushing bunkers w/its footsteps or not; it would be extra cool to see, but if that ain't there, I won't mind it. I just wanna see a good psychological thriller, good performances by a bunch of good actors, and some unexpected twists and turns given the mystery box nature of the film.

With that in mind, I'm not exactly sure what will the GA think about this. I've read many YT comments on trailers and TV spots that had me like: "Wow, these people are so getting prepared for disappointment", since their mindset is that, given it carries the name 'Cloverfield' and is supposedly (never confirmed to be) a sequel to it, it HAS to have monsters all the way through. That kinda worries me for the WOM prospects.

Every person I talk to has the exact same reaction: "Of course I'm going to see it, I loved the first one!"

They're expecting a sequel. They're expecting Clover. No matter how cool the "twist" in this may be, the film will never recover from that.

I'm sorry but if you call the movie "Cloverfield,"  the general public has every right to expect a giant monster (not just an angry John Goodman) and will be rightfully pissed off if the movie is a "character study" or some other BS.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goldenstate5 said:

Every person I talk to has the exact same reaction: "Of course I'm going to see it, I loved the first one!"

They're expecting a sequel. They're expecting Clover. No matter how cool the "twist" in this may be, the film will never recover from that.

From the bottom of my heart I appreciate calling the Cloverfield monster by it's true name. So many people call it "Clovie" and it drives me up the wall. 

On 21.2.2016 at 9:56 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

I don't care if there's a giant lizard crushing bunkers w/its footsteps or not; it would be extra cool to see, but if that ain't there, I won't mind it. I just wanna see a good psychological thriller, good performances by a bunch of good actors, and some unexpected twists and turns given the mystery box nature of the film.

Ditto.

On 2/21/2016 at 3:56 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

I just wanna see a good psychological thriller, good performances by a bunch of good actors, and some unexpected twists and turns given the mystery box nature of the film.

So basically everything Cloverfield wasn't :P

but yeah I agree with your point, even though I am not really excited for this film, I am sure I will catch it at some point so i hope it is good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gumby said:

I'm sorry but if you call the movie "Cloverfield,"  the general public has every right to expect a giant monster (not just an angry John Goodman) and will be rightfully pissed off if the movie is a "character study" or some other BS.

:kitschjob:

• Like 1

For those who are following the ARG very closely (as I am), you'd know that there will be a monster (or monsterS?), it'd be too long to explain to someone who's not following that, but there are too many clues (contained within a computer game simulation), the monster roar coming back in tv spots as well, a concept artist working on the film is a creature designer, we got aerial stunt people, several crew members who have worked on big blockbusters. No doubt there will be many surprises in store.