Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)

30 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Seeing Exodus made me realize just how much I loved watching The Ten Commandments. I'm not saying this movie was terrible, but it wasn't great either.  The special effects during many of the plague scenes were great but overall, but Bale and Edgerton failed to give performances as epic as Charlton Heston and Yul Brynner.   Decent update but makes you long to watch the Cecil B. DeMille version when you get home. 

2/4 

PS:  Exodus > Noah

Edited by Jim Shorts
  • Like 3

I was almost thinking about an F.

But the movie had some moments that showed what potential the story and approach actually had, so a D it is.

Scott even manages Bale to give a horrible performance. Just no. Ugh.

Have to watch the epic "The Ten Commandments" again to get this trash out of my head.

Worst of the year I saw (together with Tammy).

D (3/10)

Edited by ShouldIBeHere

Saw this yesterday. The movie is so boring. And, the actors seem so out of place here. I wasn't really able to connect with the film. This is a D+/C- film for me, bordering more on a D than a C. My family all thought it was average. The movie is pretty meh. My advice go see something else instead.

It could have used a nonlinear and tighter script and some bad dialogue should have been left out of the final product.
Scott usually terrific direction and Bale good performance prevents it from being a boring experience. 

55/100

definitely worthy of a rewatch in the near future.

Saw the theatrical cut today.

Definitely has potential, major fault though is the dialogue which a longer cut won't unfortunately fix. Apart from that though, very visually arresting, but due to cuts for runtime very clinical and just methodically moving from event to event with little to no dramatic build-up/transitioning at all.

5.5/10

• Like 1

Beautiful, beautiful movie. I'm surprised, I'm a convinced atheist so I didn't think I'd enjoy it. It was certainly better than Noah, the acting was great, the effects were astounding and the God kid... well, I wanted to punch him for the most part of the movie, but still, very good movie. One of the best of 2014.

Oh, and the soundtrack - I love that oriental tune, sooo gooood.

A+