narniadis

Friday numbers (Exodus 8.7 mill)

Via Deadline: Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar has now hit $455M internationally after grossing another $11.4M this weekend.

That gives it 621M WW, around 14M more to come domestically and 10-15 to come OS, 640M WW is a lock with an outside shot at 650M WW.

• Like 5

Is there going to be a 4 hour cut like Kingdom of Heaven that is going to be "miles better" than the theatrical cut?

The original cut was supposed to be 4 hour in this case as well so it is possible. I will never understand why directors end up with 4 hour cuts when they know that no studio is ever going to release a 4 hour tentpole movie.

The original cut was supposed to be 4 hour in this case as well so it is possible. I will never understand why directors end up with 4 hour cuts when they know that no studio is ever going to release a 4 hour tentpole movie.

It really depends on the director. He basically makes a movie after the script, so if a scene in the script takes a page (which normally means 1 minute), but the director goes more into detail or needs more time to properly put it on a screen, the movie will be abnormally long compared to the script. Lord of the Rings (all of them, separately) is a good example: The script had like 120 pages (roughly 2 hours), yet the director's cut ended up being 4 hours.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

Happens on pretty much every movie. They always film more than what they actually end up using.

4 hours does seem a bit excessive though lol

I feel a bit sorry for EXODUS. I mean i'm biased as i love Bible films but all the 'PC' negativity surrounding the film seems to of gone against it big time.

When you take into account that Moses is the 2nd most important person in the Bible and the fact that the US has millions of Christians, i thought this would be at least a good solid hit gross wise. It could still be worldwide to be fair.

The critics were pretty harsh with this movie. Yeah, it's not great, but it definitely doesn't deserve a 28% tomatometer. The Metacritic score is more accurate. Overall a mediocre flick with some moments of inspiration. The choice to make God a child was the best part of the movie actually, or at least the most original part. 

Comprehensive List

Names

Examples

Gone with the Wind, the most attended film of all time, need I say anything else?

off the top of my head, Lord of the Rings extended editions (they are widely considered better than the already praised theatrical versions) also are 4 hours long.

both Lawrence of Arabia and Once Upon a Time in America come real close to 4 hours mark too

Edited by Goffe Ascending