Blankments

WKND Est. - Hobbit 56M, NATM 17M, Annie 16M, Exodus 8M, Mockingjay 7M, John Wick 115K, Interview 0M

Not really. I think like 20M was more the expected #, so it came in slightly under expectations.

The studio and most tracking were expecting mid 20s, so it came in well under. Most we're expecting it to blow Annie away but nothing really separates them. Bad idea to open both on the same weekend. NATM probably should have kept its original Xmas day opening. Edited by babz06

This is the most dull December for boxoffice I can recall. There is really nothing that piques my interest at all. The only thing even remotely interesting is the battle for #1 of the year between GOTG and MJ1, and even that is muted since I'd be happy if either one wins.

Okay, I don't care what your opinion is on the movie, but The Interview's box office run is the most fascinating I've followed since joining this forum

• Like 4

They waited too long to make the third and Battle of The Smithonsian was not that well received. A drop was expected.

Critically, both Night at the Museum 1-2 have a 44% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Which makes Night at the Museum 3 with it's 49% the best reviewed of the films so far, funny enough.

[cue old fart's rant about young generation being ADD maggots addicted to their smartphones burdened by short attention span and crappy movie taste]

You might have a point since Ouija has earned like a 100 times more than The Babadook.