Ezen Baklattan

The Boss (former title Michelle Darnell) (April 8, 2016) - Melissa McCarthy

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

To me Tammy wasnt even a movie. It was just a bunch of shit shot with a camera that they edited together to give the appearance of a movie. And didnt her husband direct Tammy? And hes doing this one too? Yea its going to suck.

I think Melissa and her husband (Ben Falcone, who has cameoed in all of her movies since appearing as the air marshal in Bridesmaids, and is in this one too) only made that movie just to show to the world that they could assemble an amazing cast for a movie. They managed to get Susan Sarandon, Allison Janney, Dan Aykroyd, Toni Collette, Kathy Bates, Sandra Oh, and Gary Cole all in one movie...only to pretty much waste them all.

It certainly wasn't to make us laugh, that's for sure.

• Like 1

I love Melissa but also didn't like Tammy, I think that movie hurt her box office power a little that's why Spy opened below expectations/its potential but good thing that one had legs.

I hope this movie is better or funnier. 

I'm still amazed she became so successful, I never thought she'd be the one from Gilmore Girls to breakout big time and have this much clout in Hollywood. 

3 minutes ago, forg said:

I love Melissa but also didn't like Tammy, I think that movie hurt her box office power a little that's why Spy opened below expectations/its potential but good thing that one had legs.

I hope this movie is better or funnier. 

I'm still amazed she became so successful, I never thought she'd be the one from Gilmore Girls to breakout big time and have this much clout in Hollywood. 

Heck, she even became the breakout from the Bridesmaids ensemble and all of them have gone on to have lots of success (even Wiig hasn't done bad for herself since then despite she turning down a bunch of easy paycheck stuff, including making a Bridesmaids 2). Now we just need Rose Byrne to have her own comedy vehicle and all will be right in the world.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

Heck, she even became the breakout from the Bridesmaids ensemble and all of them have gone on to have lots of success (even Wiig hasn't done bad for herself since then despite she turning down a bunch of easy paycheck stuff, including making a Bridesmaids 2). Now we just need Rose Byrne to have her own comedy vehicle and all will be right in the world.

Shes gonna be in The Something in 2017 (astronaut comedy) with Seth Rogen, Zachary Galifanakis, and Bill Hader...that could be a breakout.

11 hours ago, forg said:

I love Melissa but also didn't like Tammy, I think that movie hurt her box office power...

That film had a 4 multiplier.

It may be her lowest grossing post-stardom high concept film, but its multiplier is on par with her other, bigger grossers...

That tells me that audiences did not exactly hate it.

10 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

You probably didn't watch The Heat to say something stupid like this

I would not call it stupid.

"funny" is subjective, and it goes without saying that we all have different definitions of what funny is...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cochofles said:

That film had a 4 multiplier.

It may be her lowest grossing post-stardom high concept film, but its multiplier is on par with her other, bigger grossers...

That tells me that audiences did not exactly hate it.

oh yes that movie really had great legs, I was talking about how that movie's reception probably hurt Spy's OW because it did open below expectations despite the good buzz. the legs were good so her box office streak continues

"funny" is subjective, and it goes without saying that we all have different definitions of what funny is...

Agree. Personally I don't find Amy Schumer that funny and not really a fan of the frat boy/stoner type of humor (the seth rogens, the jonah hills, deadpool humor etc) but they obviously clicked with a bigger audience. What's funny is something that really differs with a person's taste. I can still laugh with slapsticks and old jokes as long the timing and delivery hit me and sometimes supposedly 'dark humor' is hardly comedy to me

Yeah, you're right, but I'm just kidding with Ethan, he's me bro :lol: 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

But The Heat, Spy and Bridesmaids are among my favourite comedies ever. Paul Feig is a genius.

+1

6 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

You probably didn't watch The Heat to say something stupid like this

Well its not atupud To have an opinion that differs from yours.

• Like 1

I really don't get the appeal of McCarthey (then again I don't really know that many guys that seem to like her either). Most modern female comedians to me though are rather annoying (Amy Schmur is one I can't stand-shes on Betty White level annoying to me!)

7 minutes ago, Impact said:

I really don't get the appeal of McCarthey (then again I don't really know that many guys that seem to like her either). Most modern female comedians to me though are rather annoying (Amy Schmur is one I can't stand-shes on Betty White level annoying to me!)

Her whole act revolves around being fat. The GA caught up to her crap already.