CoolioD1

Most overrated films of 2011?

Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It was definately good and it was more about the characters and the social commentary but i never thought that i was watching something special. Especially when Ceasar wasn't on screen. Plus there were a bunch of plot holes.The last 20 minutes completely kills Source Code for me.M:I 4 was a big surprise. Much better than i hoped but the plot is as cliche as it goes and full of holes. If they could manage to cover them a bit better it would easily be my favourite in the series. It's still a great action film though.

I agree with all of these. Especially with Source Code...I can't believe people are praising the ending. What a total copout.

That's not fair. I love Fiennes' performance in the film, but Rickman is the best for me. He was spectacular during his death scene, and come on, fishnets, didn't you say you cried during the part where he held Lily's dead body?

Dude, crying during the scene doesn`t mean that OMG it`s the best scene ever or best movie eevr or best performance ever. Some things are sad and induce tears regardless of quality. I think that PJ`s KK is a terrible movie but I cried when KK was receiving bullets because animal cruelty is sad even in fiction. I hate Sean Astin`s Oscar wanking overacting but I cried at the end of Shriekapoo because it`s sad when one gay lover decides to stay in the closet and lets the openly gay one go.Rickman was OK but nothing special. he didn`t suck, he did well but IMO, Fiennes was better. Fiennes is amazing Voldemort. He reallt brought that retarded lunacy to the chaarcter that made him much better than he is in the book.

Overrated = Movie I did not like. :)

Yeah this list is wack.

Movies like Drive, Hannah, can't remember a few other smaller films I've seen in 4 pages, arent' movies that really got 'Rated' let alone be OVERRATED. Getting some press during and immediatly after release dosen't count. Movies that made a splash either with awards and/or their box office take are what should be on this list.

Bridesmaids=check

Drive would be in UNDERRATED=didn't get the press/recognition it deserved.

Yeah this list is wack.Movies like Drive, Hannah, can't remember a few other smaller films I've seen in 4 pages, arent' movies that really got 'Rated' let alone be OVERRATED. Getting some press during and immediatly after release dosen't count. Movies that made a splash either with awards and/or their box office take are what should be on this list.Bridesmaids=checkDrive would be in UNDERRATED=didn't get the press/recognition it deserved.

There's a difference between "underrated" and "underappreciated". Underrated movies are movies everyone else hates that you love (and I'm pretty sure that was the OP's intent). Underappreciated movies are great movies that not a lot of people have seen (i.e. Drive). A person can't "rate" a movie until they've actually seen it. Edited by tribefan695

I watched Moneyball and immediately remember about this thread. I really don't know why this film has been so highly praised by the critics. I mean, the screenplay is good, Brad Pitt is great, but for me that's all. It was just unnecessarily long and repetitive, nothing surprising about it at all. I'm not into sports, but I do find baseball interesting, if this film was about soccer or basketball I'd be insanely bored while watching it.

X-Men First Class (not even close to X2)Hugo (beautiful but completely shallow movie)Descendants (like every Payne movie after Election)Deathly Hallows 2 (i thought part1 was better and 2nd best of the series behind Azkaban)

Thor, Captain America, Super 8, Rise of the Planet of the Apes

All of those, though not so much in the case of Apes. It was solid, but still overrated.To your list, I would add:The DescendantsBridesmaids (ok, but nothing special)The Help (an excellent movie if on Lifetime, but that's it)

It's kind of silly to include Tree of Life into an overrated list. That film was bound to be incredibly divisive, and it's not like it was really universally praised to begin with. Some view it as a masterpiece, others think it's awful....it's just the way a film like that's gonna go.I would go with Midnight in Paris and MI4 off the top of my head.