CoolioD1

Most overrated films of 2011?

I strongly dislike the term 'overrated', but the praise for Bridesmaids definitely wasn't in line with the quality of the film. People seemed to be so amazed that women could be quite funny they went overboard for it. And why does anything Judd Apatow related have to be at least 20 minutes too long?

Edited by Hatebox

I strongly dislike the term 'overrated', but the praise for Bridesmaids definitely wasn't in line with the quality of the film. People seemed to be so amazed that women could be quite funny they went overboard for it. And why does anything Judd Apatow related have to be at least 20 minutes too long?

I don't really like the term either, but I take this thread to mean "2011 movies you liked less than everyone else".And it sucks that I feel this way about so many of the really highly-praised films. The ones I thought actually deserved it were Rango, Source Code, The Muppets, 50/50 and Drive Edited by tribefan695

As someone who's completely indifferent to Potter but has ended up seeing most of them anyway I found DH2 by far the best of the series in as much as I actually cared about the trio's plight for the first time. Their acting was better and the scale of the franchise finally felt as large and grave as the marketing kept claiming it was. Given DH2's binary grading system its high percentage isn't surprising.

Edited by Hatebox

DH2 isn`t nearly as overrared as is Snape`s breakdown and Rickman performence. That`s what makes DH2 overrated. Seriously, the performance was fine. Nothing more. Fiennes was better. There.

This is pure genius. The laugh. Fuckin epic. Will become one of the best emoticons ever:

Posted Image

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

A few more-Rio- Utter crap. CGI has become better than this in the last few years, time for Blue Sky to meet the curveJane Eyre- I love Mia and Fassbender in general, but it's just an okay movie Fast Five- A few terrific setpieces (felt like they were trying to break Newton's third law!), but I was bored by the rest Friends with Benefits- Bloated, mostly unfunny, riffs on the romantic comedy genre while falling into all of its traps Super- Unlike Kick Ass, this was just uncomfortable

DH2 isn`t nearly as overrared as is Snape`s breakdown and Rickman performence. That`s what makes DH2 overrated. Seriously, the performance was fine.

This x100. I think fans are letting their love of that character seriously cloud his performance.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It was definately good and it was more about the characters and the social commentary but i never thought that i was watching something special. Especially when Ceasar wasn't on screen. Plus there were a bunch of plot holes.The last 20 minutes completely kills Source Code for me.Thor is not bad but i thought it had a bunch of problems. Fast Five is by far the best in the series but i think it's overrated when it's being considered as one of the best action films of the decade. I mean come on.M:I 4 was a big surprise. Much better than i hoped but the plot is as cliche as it goes and full of holes. If they could manage to cover them a bit better it would easily be my favourite in the series. It's still a great action film though.

Thor is not bad but i thought it had a bunch of problems. Fast Five is by far the best in the series but i think it's overrated when it's being considered as one of the best action films of the decade. I mean come on.M:I 4 was a big surprise. Much better than i hoped but the plot is as cliche as it goes and full of holes. If they could manage to cover them a bit better it would easily be my favourite in the series. It's still a great action film though.

I agree with your points here. Not that any of them were bad per se, but yeah I would say they are all overrated as well.