CoolioD1

Most overrated films of 2011?

I think Bridesmaids surprised me so much from a quality and comedic standpoint because I thought it looked terrible when the trailer first came out, and I and many others immediately wrote it off. So I was shocked when I loved it so much. No movie this year has been able to top the enjoyment level I had from that movie. So that's why it will probably remain my #1 even though I loved movies like Drive and 50/50 so much- but for different reasons.

Edited by rockNrollaDIM

Hanna. WTF with Critics Choice nominating Ronan again for yet another icey-eyed precocious kid performence. Oh, wait, she kissed the girl. Well, I won`t argue against that part cause it`s refreshing to see a tween/teen be gay without batting an eyelash or the usual psychological struggle inside the closet. But the rest was Universal Soldier for tweens and not nearly as good.

Edited by fishnets

Hanna. WTF with Critics Choice nominating Ronan again for yet another icey-eyed precocious kid performence. Oh, wait, she kissed the girl. Well, I won`t argue against that part cause it`s refreshing to see a tween/teen be gay without batting an eyelash or the usual psychological struggle inside the closet. But the rest was Universal Soldier for tweens and not nearly as good.

Yesssssss. Agreed.

Gotta be Bridesmaids. I mean seriously, it's derivative of every equivalent man film, yet is hailed as original because it is based around women. Not saying it isn't funny, it is, but all this bollocks about it being among the best of the year? Hell no. Horrible Bosses was far better, and the US hasn't even had the best comedy of the year (The Inbetweeners Movie).

Edited by Schumacher FTW

Bridesmaids - I can count on one hand the number of times I laughed.Rise of the Planet of the Apes - I don't get the hype at all. I thought it was dull.Martha Marcy May Marlene - Some good individual performances but the movie was a mess. Also one of the worse endings... I still think the director ran out of film, that's the only explanation.

Gonna have to agree with Hanna, Captain America, Horrible Bosses, Kung Fu Panda 2 and Rio but I don't recall their reception being that great anyway so didn't mention them at first.The first three I mentioned definitely are though. Yates dropped the fucking ball, as SchumacherFTW said, Bridesmaids was generic but masked with its all women cast and Apatow, XMFC was derivative of every single XM film including Wolverine.

Rise of The Planet of The Apes, for one reason. When Ceasar is on screen, the movie shines. When he's not on screen, the entire film somehow takes a nosedive down to just okay fare.

Edited by C00k13

Bridesmaids - Horrible. Jokes went on way past their expiration date.Tree of Life - Boring and a waste of time. Beautiful images of the planet and outer space along with limited dialogue movie does not make an Oscar-worthy movie.Hanna - Plot holes galore.Submarine - Jump cuts irritated me to no end. It's worth a look though.