baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

Stingray, just between you and me, we got a very serious problem with the people taking care of this place. They turned out to be completely unreliable assholes.

Tele. Darling of the forums. Light of the internet.

Im not going to hurt u because of this list.

You didnt let me finish

Im not going to hurt u. Im going to bash your brains in. Im going to bash them right the fuck in.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5. It's a Wonderful Life

17960.jpg

I tend to not like schmaltz, so maybe this isn't that big of a surprise. This one has so much syrupy corn you could get diabetes just watching it. Capra's much better when he's not trying to push a theme. As Samuel Goldwyn said, "Pictures were made to entertain. If you want to send a message, call Western Union." Give me IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT any day of the week.

• Like 5

5. It's a Wonderful Life

-snip-

I tend to not like schmaltz, so maybe this isn't that big of a surprise. This one has so much syrupy corn you could get diabetes just watching it. Capra's much better when he's not trying to push a theme. As Samuel Goldwyn said, "Pictures were made to entertain. If you want to send a message, call Western Union." Give me IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT any day of the week.

Oh boy.

• Like 1

Stingray, just between you and me, we got a very serious problem with the people taking care of this place. They turned out to be completely unreliable assholes.

Perhaps Tele needs a good talking to, if you don't mind my saying so. Perhaps a bit more...

tumblr_nece653YS51qe4qtao1_500.jpg

• Like 4

Tele you son of a ... I'm going to tape your face to a cactus. This is sin right here! Transformers is massively underrated and in no way overrated. Transformers is the greatest movie ever made yet people fail to recognize it. It's inclusion on this list is wrong in so many ways. Tele to put it simply; you are wrong.

• Like 2

I enjoy the first Transformers as a big dumb loud action movie, but I don't consider it great or anything, it's certainly not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

4. Million Dollar Baby

2004-million_dollar_baby-1.jpg

A shameless soap opera gussied up with portentous seriousness... and everyone bought it. There are moments here that would be embarrassing in a Lifetime movie, let alone a drama that aspires to greatness. I still can't believe this piece of shit won Best Picture.

• Like 7

4. Million Dollar Baby

2004-million_dollar_baby-1.jpg

A shameless soap opera gussied up with portentous seriousness... and everyone bought it. There are moments here that would be embarrassing in a Lifetime movie, let alone a drama that aspires to greatness. I still can't believe this piece of shit won Best Picture.

I actually totally agree with this. The story really felt like a very very bad soap opera and because Eastwood made it, people ate that shit up.

But I must admit also that it kinda work miraculously, I really remember feeling emotionnal at the end but yeah I was totally aware I was watching a mexican soap opera just with better lighting and acting but that s it.

• Like 2