The Stingray

Sicario | From Director Denis Villeneuve | Blunt, Brolin, Del Toro | September 18 (Limited); October 2 (Wide)

As much as I didn't actually like Enemy, it was really interesting, and a Prisoners was excellent, so I'm totally on board to see what this guy does.

So hopefully this rocks. Looks good, and it needs to be, cause I want to totally have faith in Blade Runner.

A Blade Runner sequel on paper sounds like a terrible, terrible idea.

I guess killing ambiguity is Hollywood's favorite sport right now.

:(

It sounds terrifying, not terrible.

Terrifying cause it's so easy to do it wrong.

But man, if someone did it right...I would be in heaven. So far I haven't heard anything that makes me go no, don't do it. They're saying the right things, and this director has me optimistic. Honestly this director has me more optimistic than Ridley directing it.

If I hear it's a 200m epic though, then I'll know it's going the wrong way though. It doesn't need to be, nor should be that. You can achieve what this concept needs more modestly, and you should, cause a Balde a Runner movie done right just isn't going to have mega GA appeal. I hope they understand that.

Edited by kowhite

Blade Runner 2 sounds like a recipe for disaster. I 'll give Villeneuve the benefit of the doubt since I liked all his movies up to this point but it can very easily be a disaster. It's just one of those movies that doesn't need any continuation despite the open-ended finale. A lot of the movie's power comes from the abrupt ending (i'm talking final cut). 

But Sicario looks great, it gives me Traffic and ZDT vibes.

Bladerunner 2 won't do well at the boxoffice if its anything like the original.  Bladerunner was a boxoffice bomb and it actually still is a "boring" movie to the sensibilities of a lot of modern audiences.  They'd have to give it a lot of action or something because the budget would most likely be big due to the world its set in... and fuck that.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 4

Blade Runner 2 initially sounded like Hollywood's lack of originality run amok, but Villenueve, Deakins, Gosling, plus Ford returning? I'm in.

I hate to admit it...but the only part that has me a little worried is Harrison Ford returning.

But, I get it, you kinda have to.

• Like 1

Blade Runner 2 initially sounded like Hollywood's lack of originality run amok, but Villenueve, Deakins, Gosling, plus Ford returning? I'm in. 

Do you have a list of your movie grades? Or any site you use?

Just noticed that I agreed with most of your grades from last year in your signature, so thought it might be helpful to gauge movies I might be on the fence about, haha.

Having said that, completely agree with your statement too.