CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

it's been like that the last couple years with the super spoilery clips. the reese one didn't strike me as especially spoilery. half that scene is in the trailer.

I get that but they couldn't have chosen something better? For Reese I would've gone with "I miss you", not...that.

Although I did love Meryl's reaction to her clip. Would've been even better if they had chosen the really over-the-top "WWHHHHHHOOOOOOO CARES?!" clip for her.

He did not do that did he? Take out his speech before he won in such a tight year? That's kinda tactless.... Almost as funny as when Viola Davis was getting ready to stand-up only to have Goddess win. 

Edited by riczhang

After a day, yeah, I kinda have to admit I went overboard. In fact, now I feel kinda bad for Birdman because I know it's gonna go through a lot of unnecessary hate (some of which I threw at it already, but even more) just because it beat Boyhood. My real issue is that Innaritu walked away with three Oscars... I mean, why? Why can't they spread the love?

But I digress. I have a movie I'll watch later tonight to cheer me up, and who knows? Maybe Boyhood 2 will sweep in a few years.

How do you know they didn't receive serious consideration? There's only five slots. As you say, the Academy tends to like performances adapting real-life people, but again, usually the acting races are pretty competitive fields. Over-the-top performances also aren't necessarily bad.... that just comes down to preference.

But that doesn't make it right.  The academy is supposed to award the best of the best, not just what they prefer.  

After a day, yeah, I kinda have to admit I went overboard. In fact, now I feel kinda bad for Birdman because I know it's gonna go through a lot of unnecessary hate (some of which I threw at it already, but even more) just because it beat Boyhood. My real issue is that Innaritu walked away with three Oscars... I mean, why? Why can't they spread the love?

But I digress. I have a movie I'll watch later tonight to cheer me up, and who knows? Maybe Boyhood 2 will sweep in a few years.

In my honest opinion, Birdman is head and shoulders better than Boyhood.

• Like 2