Danish Girl

Inside Out

--------------------------------------------------

Beasts of No Nation

The Martian

Black Mass

Spotlight

Edited by WrathOfHan

there is no chance in high heaven that danish girl, inside out or mad max will get a nomination

inside out is meant for animated category

mad max is a blockbuster

ave rating for danish girl so far is 5.8/10, not good enough for oscar standards.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_danish_girl_2015/?search=danish%20girl

Edited by Halba

lol. Danish Girl is as in as any film. The initial response from an audience that souldn't like it is fine. Plus, it is exactly what The Academy likes and will be nominated in a ton of other categories.

It'll end up being in the high 70s on metacritic I bet.

low 60s

ave RT rating very low.

Edited by Halba
  • Like 1

I would say that Joy, Steve Jobs and Revenant are in the best position for an OSCAR WIN right now for BP.

Carol, Beasts, Spotlight, Bridge of Spies will probably get noms.

IO might not get nominated not because of its quality but because the reason why UP made it in 2010 will be the same reason IO won't. which is: the weighted ballot of 5 versus 10 versus #1 votes.

there is no chance in high heaven that danish girl, inside out or mad max will get a nomination

mad max is a blockbuster

ave rating for danish girl so far is 5.8/10, not good enough for oscar standards.

It has less than 10 reviews and premiered at a festival that was bound to give it backlash. Do you not understand how those foreign festivals work and what kind of movies don't get great reception premiering there?

I will premiere at a more middle brow festival tomorrow. Also, the Oscars is a committee, not a critical industry. Maybe read through reviews at filter out what the academy will care about and what it won't.

Danish Girl is in unless it gets panned tomorrow. Inside Out is also very likely in. You aren't very good at this buddy.

Edited by TStechnij

Danish Girl is pure Oscar Bait and IO could be this year's Her. I can't see Mad Max getting nominated, I'll agree with you on that.

mad max is a blockbuster

I think we may have to wait until Fall to find out more about the viable contenders. So far, nothing besides Carol really stood out. Danish Girl is doing well, but not well enough to secure itself, and it's debatable if Beasts of No Nation will compete for this or for Emmys.

inside out may receive a nomination. but it sure isnt receiving any best picture wins

mad max isnt going to get nommed

danish girl will be lucky to get nommed. i check all the reviews so far, its not in yet, as there are many better films to arrive.

Spotlight is getting incredible praise out of TIFF. This really might be something here. I def see it getting a nom.

Brooklyn is also killing it at TIFF. I think Ronan might be in since Bullock and Moore seem like non-starters.

Also moved up in to my top ten for best pic.

Edited by TStechnij