LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

Does Chris Kyle's family get a cut of the box office by any chance?

Depends on what the deal was when the rights to his novel were sold. Could have been just a flat fee or included a percentage of revenue.

It's funny that this weekend we have one movie overperforming like crazy (AS) and one movie being a disastrous bomb (Blackhat). Totally opposite results. :D

One film is about an all-American “hero” played by an all-American boy, the other one is about a criminal (played by an Aussie!!), one stars an actual actor who has actual charisma, the other stars a gorgeous musclehead who can't act and has zero charisma.

• Like 1

Director yes, because that's definitely the place to reward it if they want to reward it, but Picture I don't buy it. I just can't see the Academy biting on something like Boyhood. This isn't 2007 anymore people.

It's going to win, dare I say locked? Don't know what you are spouting off about.

In other news, I do wish Paddington was a little higher. It has perfect reviews and stars a cuddly, clumsy bear. Thats perfect, but us Americans seem to still have an issue with accents. So what if Paddington is British. This was never gonna be an Alvin and the Chipmunks, but if the movie took place in Mericaland, it probably wouldve cashed in some more bucks.

Tintin, Arthur Christmas, Raid, Attack the Block, Worlds End, etc. plenty of good movies getting passed over by the cadual audience because te main character has an accent. Oh well, heres hoping Paddington has some legs. No real comp till Spongebob.

• Like 2

Boyhood has a lot more going for it than TSN.

Does it though? TSN had Fincher and Rudin and a much better studio doing the campaigning. One thing I think most people are forgetting is that it isn't Harvey or WB pushing Boyhood, it's IFC... So I definitely see that there is a lot of weakness in the film's path to victory that I think can and will easily be exploited. 

• Like 1