LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

A movie opens in New York, LA and Chicago. It does very, very well.

It opens to the rest of the country and does very, very well.

That is some super solid evidence of the socio-political nature of the Heartland's movie-going nature!

On a less sarcastic note, the geographic middle is a lot more complicated on these issues than that. For about 20 years, an openly gay guy hosted a very traditional local talk show in my red state town. His guests and audience were older and often rural. It was a funny cognitive dissonance. Did they get that he was gay? Did they "forgive" him?

I would politely say to people from blue states and elsewhere, you don't have a good grasp of how this region relates to pop culture.

Seems like all regions are embracing AS.

Me? Not gonna see it.

Edited by Mr Terrific

You know, there are tons of republicans in the blue states too.

Aren t the republicans the ones who are more patriotic, religious, warmongers, white and gun happy or I just used bad clichés ?

Edited by The Futurist

You know, there are tons of republicans in the blue states too.

Aren t the republicans the ones who are more patriotic, religious, war mongers, white and gun happy or I just used bad clichés ?

That is correct. But the US is said to be divided like this: 30% Conservative, 20% Liberal, 50% Moderate.

That is incredible for American Sniper. Who would've guessed Cooper would get 4 Oscar Nominations in 3 years and would be a major draw for audience a few years ago when most people first saw him in the Hangover (I actually doubt there are many people out there say "Oh, it's that guy from the Wedding Crashers")

No. I say its that guy from Alias.

• Like 1

Thing is Sniper really had one of the more effective marketing campaigns I've seen in quite some time

Hell yeah it did. I don't even remember hearing about it till it was missing awards recognition and then I saw the first trailer and was captivated. Since then, each trailer viewing has silenced the theater and had great reactions. Then last week it really kicked in just how much people wanted to see it. Impressive effort by WB. They know how to market and campaign. Take notes, Paramount.

• Like 1

You know,it seems Warner really pushed the movie marketing wise with lots of tv spots but studios test all their movies and if they invested that much money into those tv spots, it s because they knew they had a big hit on their hands because the movie probably has tested through the roof with amazing grades from focus groups.

So I just watched Amercian Sniper and found it really boring and unimpressive. After recently seeing Birdman, The Theory of Everything and Imitation Game this was disappointing for a best picture nomination. I found more recent war films Lone Survivor and Fury much better.

• Like 1

BLACKHAT earned an estimated $1.4M on Friday. #Blackhat

10:06am - 17 Jan 15

PADDINGTON earned an estimated $4.66M on Friday. #Paddington

THE IMITATION GAME earned an estimated $1.88M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $45.5M. #TheImitationGame

Trying to paste from my iPad, sorry. This is bo.com's Twitter.