CJohn

Weekend Estimates: MI4 - 31.3M; SH2 - 22.1M; Alvin 3 - 18.3M; DT - 16.3M; WH - 16.9M; Tintin - 12M

And WH number is just very very suspect. Kinda like they are more into passing DT (other adult audience option) than reporting correctly.

Suspect? Or maybe because older audiences who work in the week are raving it?? It's a great movie so no surprise to me it's holding well. Equally Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which is also very good. Fantastic numbers for Mission: Impossible. Would rank it third out of the four myself but it's hugely entertaining. That skyscraper stunt worth the price of admission alone. Tom Cruise is back!Sherlock - everyone was berating it 2 weeks ago and here we are with it heading to a very healthy final gross. It's helped this holiday season that despite there being far too many movies appealing to the same audience, they've done well because they're getting great word and audiences are coming back. Pleasing to see and if people are enjoying good movies then the box office can look forward to welcoming them in 2012 if the films deliver the goods.

Pretty disappointing for Breaking Dawn, it will barely pass 280 now.

I'm not sure how you see it that way. It's still on pace to finish north of 285. That makes it a 5% decrease from Eclipse. Very reasonable.

After the second and third weekend drops with less competition I was hoping it would pass New Moon/300m

300 was dead after opening weekend IMO. I never bought into the idea that it would do any otherwise. Edited by C00k13

I'm not sure how you see it that way. It's still on pace to finish north of 285. That makes it a 5% decrease from Eclipse. Very reasonable.

Yeah, that's certainly quite respectable for a franchise on its fourth film. Especially when we're talking about a franchise that's never had a good film to its name, and supposedly this is the worst one yet.

I think "north of 285" might be a bit of a stretch at this point. After it's 6th week, NM would go on to make another $12.1M. BD1 would pretty much need to match that to get over $285M and I just don't see it happening. It's already going to have lost further ground on NM this weekend.