kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

53 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Thanks...:rolleyes:

But the WW grosses are counted in $.^_^

These are opening-day records for individual countries. When referring to such records, we only use local currency otherwise there would be no point. Global records and rankings are a different story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Yes but the records are always set up with local currency numbers even when a number in $ is used.

11 minutes ago, quigquag33 said:

These are opening-day records for individual countries. When referring to such records, we only use local currency otherwise there would be no point. Global records and rankings are a different story.

Exactly 

• Like 4

Anyone expecting this to top or even come close to DH2's OS OW is crazy. TFA is behaving exactly as the prequels, which I have been saying for months. Just like the PT is doing big business in western EU, Aus and Japan. But Asia doesnt seem to get touched by the hype (take a look at SK, HK and India and seeing the China schedule I doubt it will catch fire there also) and Latin America has huge ER problems. Russia has the same huge issue. And the reast of the Eastern Europe is parted between good and only acceptable results.

And even among the western states like France or Italy, the results are nowhere near record breaking.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-J100H folosind Tapatalk

You are understimating Latin America. TFA is released by Disney, which has a solid marketing presence in the region, and the original trequel is revered as a classic, which doesn't seem to be the case in Asia. As an example: In Mexico, SW2 total gross was US$9M. Even with lower ER, TFA could double or even treble that in its OW.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, James said:

Anyone expecting this to top or even come close to DH2's OS OW is crazy. TFA is behaving exactly as the prequels, which I have been saying for months. Just like the PT is doing big business in western EU, Aus and Japan. But Asia doesnt seem to get touched by the hype (take a look at SK, HK and India and seeing the China schedule I doubt it will catch fire there also) and Latin America has huge ER problems. Russia has the same huge issue. And the reast of the Eastern Europe is parted between good and only acceptable results.

And even among the western states like France or Italy, the results are nowhere near record breaking.

No. And judging from the OD in a few countries is irrelevant anyway, particularly for a movie with a huge part mostly waiting for the weekend to watch it. Maybe it's not your case but most people work on weekdays or are in classrooms.

Sorry to burst your bubble....

You are understimating Latin America. TFA is released by Disney, which has a solid marketing presence in the region, and the original trequel is revered as a classic, which doesn't seem to be the case in Asia. As an example: In Mexico, SW2 total gross was US$9M. Even with lower ER, TFA could double or even treble that in its OW.

Of course it's gonna be bigger than the prequels because LA wasnt that big back then. But this doesnt need to just be bigger to smell 300m+ without China. It needs to be huge everywhere.

No. And judging from the OD in a few countries is irrelevant anyway, particularly for a movie with a huge part mostly waiting for the weekend to watch it. Maybe it's not your case but most people work on weekdays or are in classrooms.

Sorry to burst your bubble....

Lol, what do you mean no? Check where the prequels made most of their money from before starting an argument with no evidence. And OD reflect a lot because most contries have the same OD for all movies. So if by comparison TFA is weaker than it is weaker and thats it.

6 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

In Brazil SW prequels mostly bombed but SW7 already has more presales than Avengers 2, prequels will be annihilated there. You're right, Latin America will have a huge growth, probably more than Asia.

Lol, what do you mean no? Check where the prequels made most of their money from before starting an argument with no evidence. And OD reflect a lot because most contries have the same OD for all movies. So if by comparison TFA is weaker than it is weaker and thats it.

You mean prequels were huge in Brazil and Russia where SW7 is expected to be huge if presales are a good indicator? Good joke. SW7 will be far more expansive.

7 minutes ago, James said:

Do remember the holidays are coming too.

That will help the film in many markets.

7 minutes ago, James said:

Do remember the holidays are coming too.

That will help the film in many markets.

I was talking about the OW, not the total.[emoji4]

2 minutes ago, Rogerio said:

Hmm, I don´t know, I don´t see much hype here in Brazil..

We have a LOT of fans, what can explain the huge pre sales, but I don´t know if the movie will attract the general public...

let´s see how it will be 

Well, nobody saw hype there until recently, according to other Brazilians that seems pretty real, we'll know tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, nobody saw hype there until recently, according to other Brazilians that seems pretty real, we'll know tomorrow.

I really expected huge previews, but about the OW, I don´t know..

when you think about Avengers, for example.. It was a movie that EVERYONE wanted to see..

Star Wars is more like "love or hate"... there are LOTS of fans ( it´s probably the biggest fan base of all series), but there are also many people that don´t like it