kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

^^^

I dont think this "china" adjust will work. NO WAY Avatar 2 is making 1B in china. It wont have enough screens long enough for it. We have seen past couple of years local cinema have gotten stronger with so many big releases through the year.

We already saw with MI5 how all the "adjusting" gross dont work at all. Avatar 2 is locked to drop from Avatar OS. Especially with 3D being dead in most markets and $ being uber strong.

Its locked to decrease OS, yes. China may be bigger than first one but its locked most of the rest of markets will decrease, and not by small margin.

I was hoping it could break OS OW record too to make a perfect victory. But it's getting harder and harder to break ALL of opening records. Even JW didn't have OD record.

I'm really curious about SW7's OD in my country. The hype is crazy here. Today I had dinner with my friends in a restaurant and it had Star Wars decorations. And then we went to a ping pong bar and the ping pong tables were Star Wars themed. And while in the car we turned on the radio and they were talking about Star Wars. It's literally everywhere!

4 hours ago, Elessar said:

Star Wars was nowhere near as big as Titanic or even Avatar OS.

And i doubt Avatar 2 will get anywhere close to $1b in China. Maybe 500m-600m, at best.

I don't know Avatar 2 will need to push the envelope visually to do that well.  I don't even think it will reach half what the original did in the US.  I can't see it doing too much of am increase in China even with the vastly expanded market.

• Like 1

Daily breakdown:

Wed - $14.1m (known)

Thu - $58.6m (known)

Fri - $56.8m (known)

Sat - $95m????

Sun - $68.4m???

Total - 279

Seems really high for Sat and Sun.  Even shifting 5m over to both Th and Fri would still have Sat and Sun pretty high.