kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

From BoxOffice.com:

Top overseas markets include UK/Ireland ($14.4M), Germany ($7.1M), Australia ($6.8M), Mexico ($3.4M), Italy ($3.1M), Russia ($2.9M), Brazil ($2.7M), and Sweden ($2.7M). Disney cites these market highlights:

• Biggest single day of all time in UK/Ireland, Germany, Norway and Sweden
  • Biggest opening day of all time in UK/Ireland, Germany, Australia, Brazil, New Zealand, Belgium, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland (French-speaking), Austria, Ukraine, Slovakia, Croatia, Iceland, Serbia, Chile, Peru
  • Biggest Disney opening day of all-time in France, Denmark, South Africa, Czech Republic, Turkey
  • Biggest December opening day in France, Italy, Mexico, Argentina, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore
  • IMAX records set in UK/Ireland, Australia, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Austria, Turkey, Portugal, Qatar, UAE, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, New Zealand, Chile, Costa Rica, Trinidad.
  • Like 7

I think it is safe to say that it's gonna make more than $500M by Sunday. There is very little doubt about that. By tomorrow we will know if Jurassic World's worldwide opening weekend record is going down (along with the domestic and overseas components as well).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

First estimates on Thu night shows in the US, so you all fine people can start estimating the WW OW...

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Holly shit Thursday night report... 55 mil for SW!!!!!!!

If we take the numbers of Jurassic World for Thursday night, the numbers for Friday and the decline on Saturday and Sunday... will have 188 mill Friday... 160 Saturday and 131 Sunday.. That's make 480 million OW!!!!! That's FUCKING impossible...!!!
Or maybe not? ;)

24 minutes ago, quigquag33 said:

I think it is safe to say that it's gonna make more than $500M by Sunday. There is very little doubt about that. By tomorrow we will know if Jurassic World's worldwide opening weekend record is going down (along with the domestic and overseas components as well).

JW WW is going down. We're probably looking at close 300M FSS. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, James said:

Anyone expecting this to top or even come close to DH2's OS OW is crazy. TFA is behaving exactly as the prequels, which I have been saying for months. Just like the PT is doing big business in western EU, Aus and Japan. But Asia doesnt seem to get touched by the hype (take a look at SK, HK and India and seeing the China schedule I doubt it will catch fire there also) and Latin America has huge ER problems. Russia has the same huge issue. And the reast of the Eastern Europe is parted between good and only acceptable results.

And even among the western states like France or Italy, the results are nowhere near record breaking.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-J100H folosind Tapatalk

- Biggest opening day of all time in Brazil, Chile, Peru

- Biggest Disney opening day of all-time in Czech Republic, Turkey

- Biggest December opening day in Mexico, Argentina, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore

- IMAX records set in Brazil, Mexico, Turkey, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Chile

The above are all Asia or Latin America or Eastern Europe. Yeah, it's not the biggest opening day of all time in all the territories but it doesn't need to be in order to surpass HP7-P2. These results are big enough to achieve that and there are still loads of countries opening on Friday.

• Like 2

If Jurassic World OW WW is going down without China, 1 billion OS would be more than locked and 2 billion WW would be quite close... with Summer legs. Considering we have whole holidays, 1.2-1.3 billion could be a more accurate figure. And if China delivers, Titanic OS could be the target. Astonishing. One year ago I was thinking in 700-800 OS...

• Like 4

OK, I do some other math.. If we take the numbers ofHP7 P2 (that is way more front loaded) for Thursday night, the Friday numbers and the decline on Saturday and Sunday... will have 119 mill Friday... 55 Saturday and 47 Sunday.. That's still make 221 million OW!!!!! Тhis is just a assumption. And I really don't think SW will be that front loaded and will do with a way better legs....

So, if SW goes like JW will make 480 million, if goes like HP7 P2 will make 221 million..

I stick with my prediction...

Over 120 OD
Over 254,45 OW
Over 850 DOM (possibility of 1 billion)
Over 3 billion WW (possibility of 3,5 billion)
Over 500 in China... maybe ;)

• Like 1

Most of those seem reasonable except the last 2. This won't match Avatar in several big markets. Avatar's $105 million and $110 million in South Korea and Spain are pretty much impossible at this point. Japan and Italy will also fall very short of Avatar's numbers given exchange rates...no way Italy does over Avatar's $83.5 million when the highest grossing film of 2015 is only $27.1 million (early numbers for Italy aren't great either). China is unpredictable, but anything over $150 million would surpass expectations. No way it's exploding to $500 million when the excitement and hype is nowhere close to Furious 7 which did $391 million. I think $2 billion WW is a much more reasonable goal to strive for. Would be amazing if it surpassed Titanic WW.

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 2

To that you can add France where it's no doing Avatar numbers, Russia and Brazil where the ruble and the real have fallen respectively in recent years, India where it's not doing much business and Argentina where the peso has lost 30% this week. $2 billion WW is the goal and it will likely depend on China.

Edited by Cynosure

7 minutes ago, Cynosure said:

To that you can add France where it's no doing Avatar numbers, Russia and Brazil where the ruble and the real have fallen respectively in recent years, India where it's not doing much business and Argentina where the peso has lost 30% this week. $2 billion WW is the goal and it will likely depend on China.

Grumpy, moody and pessimistic : you're French, no doubt. Take this and stay quiet :

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Sets Its Sights On A $130M-$145M Friday & $250M-$275M Weekend

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-force-awakens-box-office-thursday-night-previews-1201669166/

B)

1 minute ago, Cynosure said:

That's already what you told me when I said AOU wouldn't reach $1.5B. :ph34r:

Well, everything shows you're wrong. You talk about Brazil and Russia like they're not helping much!! THEY DO : it was expected to bomb in BRAZIL and it had the 2nd biggest OD ever!! Russia has no SW culture : it was the USSR back in the  70s and it's still the 3rd biggest OD.

you're wrong ;)

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, everything shows you're wrong. You talk about Brazil and Russia like they're not helping much!! THEY DO : it was expected to bomb in BRAZIL and it had the 2nd biggest OD ever!! Russia has no SW culture : it was the USSR back in the  70s and it's still the 3rd biggest OD.

you're wrong ;)

I didn't say it was doing poorly in Brazil and Russia. It's doing great. But there are outside factors such as exchange rates which limit the current potential of these countries compared to a few years back when Avatar was released.