grim22

Tuesday Numbers (Rth): Sniper 9.8M, Wedding Ringer 1.6M, Paddington and Taken 3 1M

My dad I live in Canada and we wanted to see this movie on cheap Tuesday. We got to the theatre 25 minutes early and it was completely sold out and there were like so many people leaving the theatre because they didn't get to see the movie lol. 

• Like 3

Fuck Bradley Cooper. All hail the mighty Clint Eastwood.

Strong rumors suggest Cooper was in charge of all post production work and a lot of filmmakers usually say that a film is really born only on the editing table.

• Like 1

One thing Passion of the Christ and American Sniper had in common was having a director that treated the subject matter with deep respect. That is far from the case with many movies dealing with the religion/Bible (Noah and Exodus the most recent examples) or the middle eastern conflicts (all the anti-war films that flopped). The reaction from moviegoers leaving the theater with these films is identical.

• Like 6

Not sure why I don't know this yet but Dow does rth get his #s so early?

RTH works in the industry.  He told me who he works for over drinks at a downtown Toronto patio during TIFF.  I even asked him to look up the numbers for The Captive, the Atom Egoyan/Ryan Reynolds films, and he did it in about 30 seconds.

But he would not allow me to take a picture of him and he swore me to secrecy about his job and who he works for.  This is all true.  The man is 100% in the know.

There's a few of us who have met him.  He's one of the coolest guys around.

• Like 12

One thing Passion of the Christ and American Sniper had in common was having a director that treated the subject matter with deep respect. That is far from the case with many movies dealing with the religion/Bible (Noah and Exodus the most recent examples) or the middle eastern conflicts (all the anti-war films that flopped). The reaction from moviegoers leaving the theater with these films is identical.

That's a really good post.  I think you are definitely onto something there.

• Like 2

RTH works in the industry. He told me who he works for over drinks at a downtown Toronto patio during TIFF. I even asked him to look up the numbers for The Captive, the Atom Egoyan/Ryan Reynolds films, and he did it in about 30 seconds.

But he would not allow me to take a picture of him and he swore me to secrecy about his job and who he works for. This is all true. The man is 100% in the know.

There's a few of us who have met him. He's one of the coolest guys around.

Jealous for two reasons. 1- TIFF and 2 - you keep bringing up that you've met him lol.

• Like 1

Jealous for two reasons. 1- TIFF and 2 - you keep bringing up that you've met him lol.

Yes, well, I'm proud to say I met him.  Hope I get to again one day.  

Next on my meet list is Jay Hollywood and Tele.  Just waiting to become full time at my job and then I will have some vacation time.  Then It's off to LA.

• Like 4

Yes, well, I'm proud to say I met him.  Hope I get to again one day.  

Next on my meet list is Jay Hollywood and Tele.  Just waiting to become full time at my job and then I will have some vacation time.  Then It's off to LA.

You dont wanna come down to Myrtle Beach/Charleston and hang? :( you know they offer non-stop flights to and from Toronto!

• Like 1

Yes, well, I'm proud to say I met him. Hope I get to again one day.

Next on my meet list is Jay Hollywood and Tele. Just waiting to become full time at my job and then I will have some vacation time. Then It's off to LA.

No love for the rest of us SoCal folk?

• Like 1