Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

I didn't think the new movie recaptured that same jive as the original series. The 2D animation parts were really good (and I was surprised they made up 75% of the movie), but there were a LOT of lost opportunities in the live-action parts. Plus, there's literally two plot lines for each part, and the one involving the time machine REALLY should've been cut out. It was pointless, and it went nowhere.

Ren and Stimpy?

Ren and Stimpy is great (the original, not that awful and gross Adult Party Cartoon), but I think Rocko's Modern Life is the still best nicktoon in terms of mixing crazyness, with adult humor, without being overly obnoxious or gross. 

Ren and Stimpy is great (the original, not that awful and gross Adult Party Cartoon), but I think Rocko's Modern Life is the still best nicktoon in terms of mixing crazyness, with adult humor, without being overly obnoxious or gross.

That's another great Nicktoon. Boy, this is bringing back alot of memories!

God I love Ren and Stimpy.

wish I could like this, out of likes. :(
  • Like 1

But again, that doesn't really mean much to me. :lol:

I didn't think the new movie recaptured that same jive as the original series. The 2D animation parts were really good (and I was surprised they made up 75% of the movie), but there were a LOT of lost opportunities in the live-action parts. Plus, there's literally two plot lines for each part, and the one involving the time machine REALLY should've been cut out. It was pointless, and it went nowhere.

Would you say adults can enjoy the Spongebob movie too? :thinking:

• Like 1

I loved Rocko's Modern Life when I was younger too. I'd re watch it if I could.

I've rewatched the show in the past few years. I'm surprised Nick actually let the show do what they did, considering how much they tried to censor Ren & Stimpy when it originally aired.

There's an actual episode called What The Buck, for freaking sake. 

• Like 1

Spongebob's unwillingness to stick to a linear, tight storyline is part of its charm. Besides, the time travel led to the

all-knowing dolphins.

But again, that doesn't really mean much to me. :lol:

No, but considering a lot of the writers from RML went to write for Spongebob, including the creator, and it has the same kind of wacky and random style as that show and Ren and Stimpy, it still relates to what you said in your post.  :D

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

What i just find funny is how Spongebob was essentially the same thing as 22JS in animated form, but people want to talk shit just becasue its animated. When I said I didnt want to go to Frozen because I was an adult black male, everyone said "no, go go!" But when we say Spongebob, its essentially "youre a grown ass man, what are you doing?"

I dont understand peoples attitudes. Frozen, Lego, BH6, Penguins were animated movies that well pretty well received here, but just because Spongebob is on a childrens channel its automatically dismissed, when if you actually see the movie you see its in the same leagues. I didnt recommend the movie to make you all look silly, I recommended it for anyone wanting some good laughs and humor, source material aside. If you dont want to, thats totally fine, but dont act like it makes you childish and dont make people who did see it feel like some kind of pedophile.

I just wont recommend anything else unless its

a snotty Oscar film or superhero shit.

^this^

Yeah the people on here thinking its abnormal or childish to want to see a movie based on one of the most clever sitcoms ever (only Seinfeld, Wonder Years, The Office, Parks & Rec, old Simpsons and possibly Modern Family rival it) while its perfectly acceptable for a grown man to actively anticipate a Disney princess movie.

SpongeBob 2 is in my top 5 most anticipated for this year. Only the big 2, Inside Out and Jurassic World are ahead of it. It looks like a blast: just like 22 Jump Street, This is the End, etc.. only kid friendly. If Seth Rogen and Lord/Miller are acceptable for adults, I don't see how SpongeBob's kid friendly variant isn't either

• Like 1

I think Bubbles the all-knowing dolphin's appearance really summed the movie up for me. It's trying to go for this really wacky and random vibe, which is what made a lot of the original SpongeBob episodes succeeded at. However, the original episodes didn't take it to the point where it was just plain weird.

That was definitely weird, but instead of being funny, it was really cringe-worthy. The seagul vs. dolphin rap battle also had the same feeling.

There were some parts that were funny. The references were great, and Antonio Banderas was campy fun. But overall, it was a letdown because those too-absurd moments were more common than the actual wit and humor.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

I saw American Sniper in the movie theater today. I can definitely say it is deserving of its Best Picture nomination. Excellent movie.

It'd be nice if it won Best Picture. Not because it's any good, but because I put £40 down on it winning, odds of 50/1. That's £2000 ($3050).... gimme gimme gimme.

Edited by tree jumped out a window
  • Like 1