K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

Even if this is frontloaded, you have to expect the Saturday decline won't be bad at all and maybe even stay flat.

I've been telling you guys for weeks to cut out the 100M+ 3 day nonsense. It's still possible but was never expected outside this forum.

• Like 5

At least with this movie being rated R and skewing older and with Valentines Day on Saturday, maybe it will space out its earrings over the weekend in a less front loaded way. But I was hoping for around $15m so I'm definitely disappointed.

• Like 3

Even if this is frontloaded, you have to expect the Saturday decline won't be bad at all and maybe even stay flat.

I've been telling you guys for weeks to cut out the 100M+ 3 day nonsense. It's still possible but was never expected outside this forum.

Exactly. As big as the book is, this is still an R-rated adaptation of a novel widely known for its NC-17 smut. Anything over $60M enters the "holy shit fantastic" stratosphere.

• Like 2

I'm not losing hope until I see the actuals on Monday haha  :lol:

Glad I was out in the <100M OW club, which is now dead.

It's a bit early to write it off. As said above, the film has a much higher than usual proportion of older fans, and has been marketed and designed to be seen on saturday. Club isn't dead just yet.

Is this really a surprise, though?  Normally when we're looking at a $10m+ Thursday you'll see lots of screenings sold out, etc.  There was only one screening in my entire city sold out.

The film should have a strong Saturday, though.  

8.6M?

Maybe all the presales were for tomorrow then, or maybe it was only presales and walk ups weren't good. I guess we will know soon.

8.6M is almost the exact same number as TFIOS. Twilight was 7M midnights only.

Exactly, still have a long way to go. With 8.6M, following Twilights patter would put it at around:

OD 43M (20% from midnight, which was 8.6)

Sat: 25.8M (40%)

Sun: 15.2M (41%)

Total 3 day: 84.03M

• Like 1