James

James' Top 50 Of The Decade So Far (It all ends here...)

Dash hating on Zimmer, that's new   <_<

yeah, Zimmer is my second or third favorite composer of all time. no need to hate on him. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdtu5nsQh8s

also has anyone seen the Holiday? I think it's a really underrated film, and Hans does the score for it and it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQzoKW0_d5A  

• Like 2

24. Fast Five (2011)

fast_five_ver6_xlg.jpg

It's weird with this franchise. Initially I hated it with a burning passion but at some point something happened and it is currently one of my favourites. I like all the movies to a certain degree and if it were to make a top it would be something like: Fast 4, Fast 2, Fast 1, Fast 5, Fast 3, Fast 6. So 'Fast Five' is not among the best, but even so it is still a very entertaining popcorn flick. Paul Walker's Brian O'Conner remains my favourite character so 'Furious 7' might as well be the last F&F movie I'll ever watch. 

Grade: 86/100

23. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013)

12.jpg

I have a love / hate relation with this movie. I love the first 3/4 of it. They are perfect, funny, nicely done and the only reason this is so high up the list. The last 1/4 though it's probably one of the worst things ever put on screen. I am a big fan of the books. Riordan is a great writer and in only 20 minutes they manage to fuck up the entire series. Kronos becomes this huge joke, when in the books his threat is everywhere. He is pretty much invincible and extremly cunning (kind of like the devil in our mithology) and the fight against him is the subject of four books (and even in the end he is defeated somehow indirectly, not in a fight (he's the ultimate titan, The Lord of Time for fuck's sake). This is one of the reasons I hate production not being controlled by the author.

Grade: 86/100

• Like 2

yeah, Zimmer is my second or third favorite composer of all time. no need to hate on him. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdtu5nsQh8s

also has anyone seen the Holiday? I think it's a really underrated film, and Hans does the score for it and it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQzoKW0_d5A  

He's my favorite composer, so many great scores.

His best least known works are Beyond Rangoon, Rush, Spirit: Stallion of Cimmaron and Bird on a Wire imo.

Edited by Goffe

I actually wrote up.my top ten worst for the half decade the other day, and just saying Fast Five was definitely on there.

why? Fast Five was no masterpiece, but it was a fun action packed entertaining movie. 

• Like 1

26. Salt (2010)

Salt_film_poster.jpg

This Angelina Jolie vehicle is one of the best spy themed movies ever made. Everything is done the way it should be: a badass character, an entertaining story, and a lot of impressive fight scenes + Jolie. :lol:

I am honestly suprised at the amount of hate this gets. Just goes to show people like to criticise just for the sake of opening their mouths.

Grade: 85/100

:wub:

SALT is getting a better reputation with age. At the time of release it got shit on alot because Nolanites saw it as a threat to Inception.

• Like 2

42. Battle: Los Angeles (2011)

battle-los-angeles-movie-poster-03.jpg

I know this gets almost univeral hate, but it is a good action flick. No surprise, I really like alien invasion themed movies and they don't have to have a twisted story or great acting to get me engaged. Just good action. And this obliged. Seriously though, the battle on the streets of LA reminded me of 'War of the Worlds' which is a good thing considering I found that Tom Cruise movies to be excellent (probably the best invasion film ever made). Now, 'Battle: LA' doesn't cary the same emotional punch, but it is still entertaining as hell.

Grade: 70/100

tumblr_lj9qjx46Ao1qixleeo1_500.gif

This was so boring. Aaron Eckhart pretty much sucks, most vanilla actor ever.

• Like 2

FUUUCK STAR WARS

People love it in the US is because they had no expectations in VFX so when they saw a shitty looking spaceship they lov3d it. The story is mediocre and the aliens often look like they have nipplew on their heads.

Potter rules.

• Like 3

FUUUCK STAR WARS

People love it in the US is because they had no expectations in VFX so when they saw a shitty looking spaceship they lov3d it. The story is mediocre and the aliens often look like they have nipplew on their heads.

Potter rules.

FUUUCK STAR WARS

Potter rules.

Harry Potter's storyline is so similar to star wars, it's practically shouting in your face. 

also Star Wars Came out in 1977. when visuals were nearly nonexistent, it was a pioneer of practical effects. you can't really compared it with modern visuals, but calling them shitty is incredibly naive.  star wars also has the most well developed world building in any film series ever created. you can dislike it if want. but you have to acknowledge what it was and is. 

• Like 3

FUUUCK STAR WARS

Potter rules.

I would argue with you about this, but I won't since this is you today:

giphy.gif

:P

• Like 3

Harry Potter's storyline is so similar to star wars, it's practically shouting in your face. 

also Star Wars Came out in 1977. when visuals were nearly nonexistent, it was a pioneer of practical effects. you can't really compared it with modern visuals, but calling them shitty is incredibly naive.  star wars also has the most well developed world building in any film series ever created. you can dislike it if want. but you have to acknowledge what it was and is. 

Excuse me but what?! Do you really think Rowling was thinking of SW when she wrote Potter? :rofl:  :rofl: Besides the fact that Potter was and is a muuuch bigger phenomenon. It's cultural and social impact is huuuge and WW, not just in one country.

Excuse me but what?! Do you really think Rowling was thinking of SW when she wrote Potter? :rofl:  :rofl: Besides the fact that Potter was and is a muuuch bigger phenomenon. It's cultural and social impact is huuuge and WW, not just in one country.

so not true. you do know that adjusted for inflation star wars is the SECOND highest grossing film of all time and has been around for nearly 40 years? and was a multi generational phenomenon and is not only popular in the US. the most popular, for sure but defiantly  not only recently in Europe potter is more popular but that's it. as for her thinking of star wars, maybe not directly, but they both are stories centered on a chosen hero, who must stop an evil dictator. with mystical powers, they both have school where they train, they both focus on a trio of characters, (two men, one women, the main character does not end up with the main, female (well that would be messed up in star wars case). and both main protagonists are deeply connected the the main antagonist. and they are also (in a since) both Orphans, who find out a  dark truth about their parents, they were both in grave danger when they were born and needed to be hidden for protection. they both had kind of shitty foster parents and someone who revealed the mystical world to them. I could go on, but I think you get my point.

Edited by Visor shades Kalo
  • Like 2