Mockingjay Raphael

Monday Numbers: SB :: 8.5M // Anastacia -57% // Kingsman :: 5.5M

Is it tracking that poorly? I mean, Hot Tub. I thought the first was reasonably liked and opened to just under $15M. The sequel's been marketed to hell and back. Seems like decent counter programming to people looking for a raunchy, wild, wacky, weird and mainstream comedy. I think it has a real shot $25M. Maybe $30M was too high...

I see boxoffice.com expects $11M and $28M total. Yikes. Must be tracking very poorly.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Is it tracking that poorly? I mean, Hot Tub. I thought the first was reasonably liked and opened to just under $15M. The sequel's been marketed to hell and back. Seems like decent counter programming to people looking for a raunchy, wild, wacky, weird and mainstream comedy. I think it has a real shot $25M. Maybe $30M was too high...

The original was a well-received movie but it both wasn't a big hit to begin with (barely crossed $50M) and came out half a decade ago. And this sequel just feels low-rent without the star of the original (John Cusack) back, like DTV sequel that got theatrical distribution.

Edited by filmlover

The original was a well-received movie but it both wasn't a big hit to begin with (barely crossed $50M) and came out half a decade ago. And this sequel just feels low-rent without the star of the original (John Cusack) back, like DTV sequel that got theatrical distribution.

I forgot Cusack was in the originial :ph34r:

Point taken...

50 Shades is gonna drop like a rock. -70% next weekend anyone?

75%+ wouldn't surprise me.

Nope.

-65%, just like a lot of other blockbusters with up front demand.

So I guess all the Twilights and most of the Potters are bad grosses because their multipliers were around 2.2.

Twilight sunk Summit, that is why they had to be bought by Lionsgate  :ph34r:

And Harry Potter bombed so hard WB greenlighted a trilogy of prequels based on something JK Rowling is writing or whatever that is :lol: 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

So I guess all the Twilights and most of the Potters are bad grosses because their multipliers were around 2.2.

Only DH2 had a 2.25 multiplier. The rest were higher. And 3 Twilights did 2.0-2.1.

Sorry. Lol. But ugh.

I didn't. I got it. Lol, I'm just weird.

Yes, Potter's had better X's that Twilights.

But to say that 50SOG "will do bad" if it only has a 2X is ridiculous.