kayumanggi

FRIDAY NUMBERS DHD | FOCUS - 7.5M-8M | THE LAZARUS EFFECT - 3.8M | FIFTY SHADES - 3.65M | KINGSMAN - 3.1-3.3M | SPONGEBOB - 1.98M

BO.com's overseas weekend summary with comments, might be interesting also for dom BO fans for the discrepancy of percentages dom to international so much differeing depending on the title

http://pro.boxoffice.com/news/2015-03-01-global-report-fifty-shades-of-grey-continues-to-dominate-as-it-nears-500m-big-hero-6-opens-big-in-china-focus-takes-313m-day-and-date-debut

(btw, Bridget Jones... has one of the extremest percentages differences of an ~ US movies, with the extreme laying on the side of overseas,

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=bridgetjones2.htm

Ghostbusters one of the ones with the highest percentages on the domestic side.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostbusters.htm

Curious to see at what percentahe American Sniper will end)

BO.com's overseas weekend summary with comments, might be interesting also for dom BO fans for the discrepancy of percentages dom to international so much differeing depending on the title

http://pro.boxoffice.com/news/2015-03-01-global-report-fifty-shades-of-grey-continues-to-dominate-as-it-nears-500m-big-hero-6-opens-big-in-china-focus-takes-313m-day-and-date-debut

AS a hit in France?  Wow, America might change freedom fries back to french fries if it keeps making bank there.

• Like 1

I live in the most patriotic state, and Ive never heard anyone say "freedom fries." Ever. We dont even say "french fries", we just say...wait for it...wait for it...you wont believe this...omg...

"fries."

• Like 6

I live in the most patriotic state, and Ive never heard anyone say "freedom fries." Ever. We dont even say "french fries", we just say...wait for it...wait for it...you wont believe this...omg...

"fries."

I've never heard "freedom fries" either, I was just making a joke about the perceived rift that some people see between the US and France.

• Like 3

My history teacher explained “freedom fries" to us one day. He said that a fast food franchise changed the name ( I forget which one) but the response was so negative that they changed it back.

Chipotle.

My history teacher explained “freedom fries" to us one day. He said that a fast food franchise changed the name ( I forget which one) but the response was so negative that they changed it back.

I think it was Burger King. The one by the World Trade Center wreckage.

• Like 1

thank you all for the explanations.

Sounds rather very strange to me.

(I thought the Belgium cusine invented that..., so why they are called 'French...' I am a bit wondering about. Here they are called Pommes frites,)

(I thought the Belgium cusine invented that..., so why they are called 'French...' I am a bit wondering about. Here they are called Pommes frites,)

I believe it refers to the method of frying them but I'm not sure.

I am a bit wondering about. Here they are called Pommes frites,

which is French... and since for people not from Europe everybody speaking french has to be from France they are called french fries :P

• Like 1

That s a big discussion between France and Belgium, who invented the " frites" ? I think it s Belgium though.

• Like 1