kayumanggi

FRIDAY NUMBERS DHD | FOCUS - 7.5M-8M | THE LAZARUS EFFECT - 3.8M | FIFTY SHADES - 3.65M | KINGSMAN - 3.1-3.3M | SPONGEBOB - 1.98M

Since people asked here are some Rth numbers.

weekend looking like

1-SBEMH 4m (BEMH 3.4)

2-FSOG 1.9 -52%

3-KTSS 1.5 -31%

4-JA 1.3m -35%

5-PA 700k

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

There just aren't a lot of box office draws left. At the moment, famous characters are drawing more than famous actors and actresses. That's why studios concentrate so much on franchises. Those are the movies that the majority of people want to pay to see.

It's certainly an interesting trend. James Bond used to be the exception. Now, James Bond is becoming more like the template to follow.

• Like 5

I'm pretty sure nobody uses the word retarded in reference to those who are mentally handicapped anyways. It's evolved into a completely different meaning.

Honestly it's be more offensive to use the word in the context of a special needs person than as an insult.

For example, the word gay was never originally meant to mean homosexual,it was simply a different term for happy. Meanings and usages change, words become acceptable and non-acceptable and acceptable again through time.

In the end I think people shouldn't be looking at the words people use but the meaning behind what they are saying. Nobody had any meaning of being derogatory towards somebody with special needs and it was obvious. I understand certain people find different words offensive but the fact that a word used (not even the intent behind it) could offend so much is one of the problems with language.

It may just be me but I think the context and intent of what somebody said is way more important than the words themselves because the words themselves are simply a large combination of phonemes.

• Like 1