baumer

The Godfather II

33 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Godfather II

I go back and forth between this and the original as to which one is best. But both of them are classics and both are also in my top 10 of all time.

It is a funny fact that James Caan was the highest paid person in the film. ;)

A+

I go back and forth between this and the original as to which one is best. But both of them are classics and both are also in my top 10 of all time.

It is a funny fact that James Caan was the highest paid person in the film.

A+

Pretty much this...back to back with the original is a truly amazing film experience as both are simply masterpieces.

10/10

• Like 1

A+The first can't be touched, but there's something about this one that sticks with you too despite not having the iconic scenes the first one does. I still can never believe that damn ending.Fuck you Michael, Fredo got screwed!!! :(:unsure:

Edited by MovieMan89

A+The first can't be touched, but there's something about this one that sticks with you too despite not having the iconic scenes the first one does. I still can never believe that damn ending.Fuck you Michael, Fredo got screwed!!! :(:unsure:

Never go against the family.

Never go against the family.

Aw fuck that, Fredo was stupid and got tricked and Michael knew that clear as day. He just turned into a ruthless bastard who ends up bitter and all alone at the end of this movie though. That's part of the brilliance of this one though imo, how Michael basically goes from still being the protagonist that you kind of root for at the beginning to scum of the earth without a shred of morality throughout this movie.
  • Like 2

One thing I love about Godfather part 1 and 2 is how it shows the characters and really exposes why audience love or sympathize with certain characters and hate others.Vito is a criminal but you love him and think he is a honourable man.Michael starts off with good intentions but ends up as a cold heartless man in the end.

Disagree so muchhttp-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTCDTksSiOE

You really consider that scene "iconic?" I highly doubt most would call it that. Memorable or well done, sure, but not iconic. The Godfather on the other hand is packed with iconic scenes. Too many to even list. That's one thing this movie sorely lacks in comparison. Like I said, it's still a classic though in a different way and sticks with you.