Chewy

Arrival | Nov 11, 2016 | Villeneuve/Adams/Renner | First Reviews Have Arrived.

31 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

I assume you thought Fury Road was going to be PG since the director made four PG movies in a row?

That's completely different.  The previous four films he directed were obviously family films, before straying into R-rated action territory.  Villeneuve has been previously known to make R rated dramas/thrillers for adults, and I assumed from the trailer and synopsis that a similar situation would occur for this film.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

That's completely different.  The previous four films he directed were obviously family films, before straying into R-rated action territory.  Villeneuve has been previously known to make R rated dramas/thrillers for adults, and I assumed from the trailer and synopsis that a similar situation would occur for this film.

But what would make it R?

The language?

Just now, robertman2 said:

But what would make it R?

The language?

Thats exactly what I was thinking.  All 3 of his previous films have had language in the ratings descriptor.  I thought it'd be salty enough to get an R.  Again, I was wrong, but I don't see why it's not a reasonable assumption to make.

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Villeneuve's never been really gratuitous with profanity, at least in his English movies. They've been R because of the subject matter, and this doesn't sound like R material (and apparently isn't).

According to Kids-in-Mind:

-Prisoners had 43 "fucks"

-Sicario had 42

-Nothing for Enemy on that site, but on the IMDB parents guide, it does say "fuck" is used multiple times

If he had kept the same amount of language as his other films, it would've gotten an R.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don't know. If there was an alien invasion I'd be cursing up a storm 

Probably wouldn't be the best way to endear yourself to a visiting extraterrestrial commune

From my broadest assessment of the plot it seems like something where we'd all just sit nervously in our chairs and vent our insecurities in the Classic Conversation thread

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

This looks like it won't be very good.

I'll probably still end up seeing it, though.

TOMATOMETER 

:redcapes: 

• Like 1