81 members have voted

1. 1. Grade T2

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The director's cut is different in that it just gives a bit more story.IMO, the scene where Harris is trying to bring back his wife after she drowned, by pounding on her chest and yelling, "fight fight fiiight!" is one of the more emotional scenes in film.

God damn it, you bitch! You never backed away from anything in your life! Now fight fight FIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!
  • Like 2

The director's cut is different in that it just gives a bit more story. IMO, the scene where Harris is trying to bring back his wife after she drowned, by pounding on her chest and yelling, "fight fight fiiight!" is one of the more emotional scenes in film.

So thats where South Park got the idea from when kyle most died.
  • Like 3

ANot quite as good as the original, but still deserving an A from me. Funnily enough, it used to be other way around, but having re-watched both recently I prefer the original. This is a great action film though!

• Like 1

God damn it, you bitch! You never backed away from anything in your life! Now fight fight FIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

Yep, I remember seeing that in the theaters and being completely drawn into that scene. It was so powerful and for a 17 year old kid to get choked up during that scene, James was doing something right.
  • Like 1

You are among the majority that think T2 is better.

I just meant much better. Like for me T2 is an A/A+ and T1 is like a B. Though perhaps I need to watch the first again as I haven't seen it in a long time.
  • Like 2

T1 has several trump cards: the sweetness of the romance, the awesomeness of Sarah finally beating the terminator (thematically ironic that it's crushed by a robotic device under human control, plus one of the greatest one-liners ever), but really, its ace in the hole is the epilogue, which not only opens up the story universe but provides the incredibly poignant and bittersweet moment with the photo; when the kid takes the picture and you realize it's The Picture, it's amazingly satisfying and gives greater context and meaning to the rest of the film. There are any, many things I love about T2, but they tend to be more action-oriented; the core relationship in it (between the terminator and John) isn't as emotionally satisfying for me -- partially because Eddie Furlong is kinda annoying, and partially because it's all a bit hokey. And while I respect Cameron's efforts to inject a message into his movies, there's something special about his two earliest films where he made no effort to do so.But I'm quibbling. Both movies are insanely awesome.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 6

T1 has several trump cards: the sweetness of the romance, the awesomeness of Sarah finally beating the terminator (thematically ironic that it's crushed by a robotic device under human control, plus one of the greatest one-liners ever), but really, its ace in the hole is the epilogue, which not only opens up the story universe but provides the incredibly poignant and bittersweet moment with the photo; when the kid takes the picture and you realize it's The Picture, it's amazingly satisfying and gives greater context and meaning to the rest of the film.There are any, many things I love about T2, but they tend to be more action-oriented; the core relationship in it (between the terminator and John) isn't as emotionally satisfying for me -- partially because Eddie Furlong is kinda annoying, and partially because it's all a bit hokey. And while I respect Cameron's efforts to inject a message into his movies, there's something special about his two earliest films where he made no effort to do so.But I'm quibbling. Both movies are insanely awesome.

That pretty much sums up how I feel as well. Good post :)
  • Like 2

T1 has a better story..T2 has some of the best action I have ever seen. The film is 20 years old and the action still blows you away till this day. Its the way Cameron did the action that makes it look so amazing and cool.

• Like 2