81 members have voted

1. 1. Grade T2

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Great movie, just a step below the original. But that is not a slight at all against this one. So many good things I can list about this movie that it would take too much time :P

A

• Like 2

If you look at this and the original "Terminator", you'll notice that they're both action films but from completely different shores of the genre. Terminator: Small scale, low budget, relying on atmosphere, small target group - Terminator 2: Large-scale, budget ridiculous, relying on visuals, tries to adress as many target groups as possible. Both are fantastic and enjoyable films, but you would never guess they were from the same director. With Terminator 2 and Aliens, Cameron became master of large-scale action spectacles, leading to Titanic and finally Avatar, but at the same time his work became much more calculating. Some elements in Terminator 2 and later works have the feel of something designed by a PR-division. While I enjoy all of his work, I still wish he still had some of the energy visible in the original Terminator. Still, A- for T2!

Edited by IndustriousAngel
  • Like 2

Best Arnie film ever. Second best Jim Cameron film IMO (I adore Avatar). Epic villain, badass heroes and just pure awesome all the way through. Terminator shouldn't have continued without Arnie.A

Actually, Terminator shouldn't have continued after this one, T3 I thought was terrible. I didn't even bother with T4.
  • Like 1

A+.This was Cameron at his best. Shame he hasn't lived up to this film since.

How can one top this? It's a genre defining film. Oh wait, he did live up to it. He made the two highest grossing films of all time 12 years apart. He made a film that won 11 Oscars. While I don't think Titanic is quite as good as T2 and Avatar isn't quite as good as Titanic, that doesn't take away from their place in history.
  • Like 3

How can one top this? It's a genre defining film.Oh wait, he did live up to it. He made the two highest grossing films of all time 12 years apart. He made a film that won 11 Oscars. While I don't think Titanic is quite as good as T2 and Avatar isn't quite as good as Titanic, that doesn't take away from their place in history.

Awe, no love for True Lies? Come on, the Harrier scene is totally WOW!
  • Like 1

I love every single Cameron film with the exception of Avatar, which i like a lot. The Abyss is such a masterpiece and imo, Harris and Masterantonio (sp) should have been nominated for best actor and actress.

• Like 2

True Lies is lots of fun, yep. The horse + Arnie in the elevator; JLC striptease; the terrorist camera guy with his battery running low, the Harrier ...Have to rewatch Abyss some day, we saw it on the big screen then and I remember it as real good and claustrophobic but with a let-down ending. Anybody here who has seen the director's cut? is it much different?

• Like 1

The director's cut is different in that it just gives a bit more story. IMO, the scene where Harris is trying to bring back his wife after she drowned, by pounding on her chest and yelling, "fight fight fiiight!" is one of the more emotional scenes in film.

• Like 2